|Date Posted||June 24, 2022|
For more than 30 years, ERC has been delivering the advantage needed to solve our customers' and the nation's toughest challenges. A trusted partner to the Defense and Space communities. We provide the advanced engineering, innovative technology, and subject-matter expertise to deliver the mission results our customers need to keep the nation safe and secure. Our unique solutions enhance readiness, optimize performance, and help ensure success in the air, on the ground and in space.
An essential part of our success is our corporate culture built on respect, empowerment, and collaboration. Our culture elevates our people, ensuring they provide best-in-class service and solutions to our customers. We always strive to do the right thing. We believe that are our people are our best asset and human connection our greatest strength.
Our ~2,000 employees work on the most critical missions in the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force (USAF), NASA, and Missile Defense Agency (MDA). We provide support for Test and Evaluation (T&E), Modeling & Simulation, Agile Software Development, Systems Engineering, and more. Our teams' current projects range from engineering and logistics support for vital space hardware to platform and weapons modeling, simulation, and engineering.
Check us out on ERC.US
The Viper Test Engineer will join our team with ERC, Inc., a Jacobs Engineering teammate company.
What you'll do all day:
- Coordinate with multiple organizations to achieve a successful qualification test of NASA Flight Hardware.
- Draft test plans and procedures for operation of test articles.
- Design and build ground support equipment (GSE) to support testing efforts.
- Work alongside facility personnel during system assembly and test operations.
- Review and evaluate the quantity, quality, and overall adequacy of test results and summarized in a post-test report.
- Perform failure troubleshooting and resolution as needed.
- Generate essential paperwork and documents for tasks assigned.
- Work in a team environment and report to a project lead/manager to provide status on progress and issues and for support.
- Perform job functions based on pre-established guidelines or instructions.
- Perform other duties as required.
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Minimum requirements for this position:
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- Able to manage complex technical tests requiring the coordination of several specialized disciplines.
- Experience with the design, assembly, test, and operation of space flight hardware.
- Experience working in lab and office environments.
- Basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the field, such as mechanical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, material selection, design software and tools, and office software.
- Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at various meetings.
- Must have the ability to visualize and work with complex mechanical systems and work with others in problem solving as part of a team.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and schedules with limited supervision.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- Familiarity with common hand tools and proficiency using them to perform assembly, disassembly, and troubleshooting on mechanical systems.
- Familiar with Johnson Space Center (JSC) organizations, processes, and procedures.
- Familiarity with the Engineering Life Cycle process.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.