|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
Internships at UnitedHealth Group. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that's dramatically shaping our entire health care system. A UnitedHealth Group internship opportunity will provide a hands-on view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. You'll work side by side with some of the smartest people in the business and gain valuable industry experience. So here we are. You have a lot to learn. We have a lot to do. It's the perfect storm. And even better? Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life's best work.(sm)
This is not just an internship. Become a part of a dedicated team within our sales call center that is working hard to make health care work better for everyone. You'll benefit from healthcare sales experiences and collaboration with experienced professionals and leaders. You'll have the opportunity for continuous learning while building a foundation of skills. Further, as a selected participant in the UnitedHealthcare Academy at Butler University, you will be trained in multiple roles during the full-time summer experiences, while staying engaged and earning income throughout the academic years of your undergraduate journey.
As exciting as it may be, this kind of opportunity also presents unique challenges. You'll need to keep up with constantly evolving systems and technology tools. You'll need to embrace our commitment to an agile and collaborative culture that drives a successful sales center. You'll need to work in a disciplined approach to processes that helps us protect the health care data of millions of members.
Examples of Potential Roles
As a Sales Support Specialist, you will take incoming phone calls from customers who have already received a quote, will answer any follow up questions, and may assist customers with completing their enrollment applications. The Sales Support Specialist may assist the sales department with any new initiatives and outbound customer campaigns during high call volume periods.
As a Product Advisor, you will take inbound phone calls from customers, and through a consultative sales process, you will match them with insurance products that best fit their individual needs and can help improve their lives.
These roles are a great fit for someone who enjoys helping people, who is excited about sales, and values the opportunity of working with warm leads. You will be a part of a team environment that promotes collaboration, elite performance, and recognition.
Sales Support Specialist
- Receive inbound calls from customers interested in purchasing insurance products
- Update the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) database with customer information
- Assist customers with their applications via the website and over the phone
- Handle customer inquiries regarding health and supplementary insurance products, including answering plan questions, providing enrollment support, as well as making follow up calls to new and existing customers
- When applicable, assist the sales advisor by providing a quote to the customer
- Meet established monthly performance objectives
- Collaborate with others as part of a team or work independently to solve routine or complex problems as needed
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned
- Respond via telephone or email to determine customer needs and to present product recommendations through a consultative sales process
- Quote customers on available product options and accurately explain plan details
- Respond to questions from consumers regarding products, services, website logins or navigating the website
- Complete necessary research on consumer questions and issues using multiple systems and resources and prepare appropriate responses
- Conduct outgoing calls to provide answers and additional information to consumers
- Record all required supporting documentation from phone calls and written correspondence to ensure compliance and provide accurate tracking
- Participate in training opportunities to develop advanced product knowledge in order to share current information while generating and delivering product recommendations and quotes to customers
- Build positive business relationships with consumers to ensure continued interest in UnitedHealth Group's products and services
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently in your Freshman or Sophomore year pursuing a Bachelor's degree from Butler University, with the intent to major in Marketing
- Must be actively enrolled in Butler University for the duration of the 3-year program
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications including Microsoft Word and Excel, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Ability to multi-task, including the ability to navigate a computer while speaking on the telephone
- Excellent communication skills
- Active listener
- Demonstrates the ability to perform proficiently in a dynamic call center role
- Quick learner who can stay organized
This is a paid, 3-year engagement offering 40 hours per week during each summer term. After successful completion of the summer internship(s), it is expected that a work schedule consisting of at least 10-hours per week will be sustained throughout the school year. (flexibility exists for course schedule, breaks, etc.) Typical hours of operation are 8am to 10pm Monday - Thursday, 8am to 8pm Friday and 9am to 5:30pm on Saturdays.
What are the reasons to consider this multi-year internship with UnitedHealth Group?
- Opportunity for continued advancement while earning your degree
- Dedicated supervisors and mentors
- Application of business concepts learned in the classroom
- Varying shift options within our hours of operation
- Community Service opportunities
- A focus to support a work-life balance with the daily ability to "leave work at work"
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: UHC Academy, Butler, Internship, IN