|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Michael Baker International is seeking a Transportation Construction Inspector to join our team. Under the direct supervision of the Project Supervisor, the Transportation Construction Inspector will monitor and document that the roadway and/or bridge project is being built in accordance with the plans and specifications.
- Inspect various facets of work on the construction site
- Take field measurements and perform calculations
- Prepare relevant inspection reports
- Verify that appropriate materials and construction processes are being used
- Ensure that construction conforms to the project plans, specifications, and special provisions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering is preferred
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- 1-5 years of experience working in a construction related field
- ACI Field Technician Certification, PennDOT Concrete Technician Certification, NECEPT Field Technician Certification, NICET Certification in Heavy Highway Construction, CDS NeXtGen Certification, ECMS Wave 5 training, Materials Testing or Bridge Condition Inspection, and Troxler Nuclear Gauge Certification are desirable
- Previous experience working on PennDOT or Pennsylvania Turnpike highway and/or bridge projects is preferred
- Proficient in the use of PennDOT's ECMS and CDS/NeXtGen systems is preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to navigate through company internet based systems
- English language skills, written and verbal, are required in this role
- Possess basic math skills necessary to perform computations for length, area, and volume
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, and procedures
- Availability to work various shifts, including night shift. Overtime is often required.
- Position may require overnight travel. Position is subject to seasonal layoff.
- Ability to sometimes work in adverse weather conditions. Must be physically able to perform moderately strenuous tasks which includes walking along rough terrain, climbing ladders and lifting up to 50 pounds.
The salary range for this position is $20.36 / Hour - $50.88 / Hour. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life, AD&D, short-term, and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development
- Generous paid time off
- Commuter and wellness benefits