|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Michael Baker International is seeking a Transportation Construction Inspection Supervisor to join our team. Under the direct supervision of the Project Supervisor, the Transportation Construction Inspection Supervisor will monitor and document that the roadway and/or bridge project is being built in accordance with the plans and specifications.
- Inspect various facets of work on the transportation construction project site
- Take field measurements and perform calculations
- Prepare relevant inspection reports
- Verify that appropriate materials and construction processes are being used
- Ensure that construction conforms to the project plans, specifications, and special provisions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- 10+ years of experience working in a construction related field
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Previous experience working on PennDOT or Pennsylvania Turnpike highway and/or bridge projects is preferred
- Certifications in accordance with PennDOT TCM qualifications
- Proficient in the use of PennDOT's ECMS and other systems
- Must be a strong leader with the ability to manage and mentor subordinate staff
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to navigate through company internet and intranet based systems.
- English language skills, written and verbal, are required in this role
- Possess basic math skills necessary to perform computations for length, area and volume
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, and procedures
- Availability to work various shifts, including night shifts. Overtime is often required.
- Position may require overnight travel and is subject to seasonal layoff.
- Ability to perform work in adverse weather conditions. Must be physically able to perform moderately strenuous tasks which includes walking along rough terrain, climbing ladders and lifting up to 50 pounds.
The salary range for this position is $30 - $35 per hour. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage and Pet insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional and personal development
- Generous paid time off
- Commuter and wellness benefits
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT AND OTHER INFORMATION
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. As a covered federal contractor, Michael Baker International is required to comply with Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, and its implementing guidelines. This includes ensuring that all covered employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in limited circumstances when there is legal entitlement to an accommodation. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.