|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
The Traffic Equipment Operator operates various equipment related to projects building traffic signals, highway and street lighting, infrastructure and Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) within the Denver metro area and other locations within Colorado. This can include rubber tire backhoes (equivalent to case 580's and John Deere 310's), trenchers, and boom trucks up to 40 tons.
Since 1912, Sturgeon Electric Company, Inc., a subsidiary of MYR Group, Inc, has provided comprehensive electrical construction services to clients throughout the western U.S. Sturgeon Electric has two divisions, offering both power line construction and commercial/industrial electrical construction, making it a full service electrical provider.
Sturgeon Electric Company, Inc., named a Top Workplace for 5 consecutive years by The Denver Post has immediate openings for Traffic Equipment Operators. Since 1912 Sturgeon Electric has been providing comprehensive electrical construction services to clients throughout the western United States.
Traffic Equipment Operator Qualifications:
- CDL class A preferred, CDL class B acceptable; must have airbrake endorsement. Crane certified preferred but not required upon hire.
- 1 year or more experience operating heavy equipment related to construction such as rubber tire backhoes, track backhoes, trenchers, and boom trucks.
- Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable.
Union Pay & Benefits:
- This will be a union position. Salary is $27.46 to $33.23 as set forth in the collective bargaining agreement
- Healthcare for employees and immediate families will be paid by Sturgeon Electric
- An additional 15% of the wage scale is paid directly into your retirement account
- Five year vesting period on company-sponsored retirement account
Position may be subject to pre-employment screening, which may include a background check and drug testing.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects our family of brands. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, or other protected characteristics. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
MYR Group does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MYR Group and our subsidiaries do not work with any third-party recruiters or agencies without a valid signed agreement. All communication regarding candidates, submissions, and job openings must be done with through the corporate Talent Acquisition team only. Any violation of these terms may disqualify new agreements or terminate any existing agreement with MYR Group, Inc.