|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
The Technical Services Technician II provides first line support to internal and external clients for all IT Infrastructure and Application related incidents and requests through request tools, emails and telephone calls. Assigns tickets to the appropriate technology support groups and track them to closure. Advises and assists users in solving problems related to hardware, software, networks and peripherals using available technology. Studies and analyzes systems needs, troubleshoots technical problems and trains users. Advises users on the interpretation of IT reports and report capabilities, limitations, etc. Provides user support, new hire system setups, group metrics and desktop/laptop software evaluations and upgrades. Provides quick response to ensure maximum uptime of all users and performs end user training when necessary.
- Technical Support:
- Provides immediate response to technical questions and problems related to hardware, network or application related issues.
- Quickly determines the scope and urgency of reported problems.
- Strong ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems encountered between personal computer hardware, software and peripherals.
- Good understanding of the fundamentals of network and server/desktop administration, installations, upgrades, techniques, tools, materials, and equipment.
- Assists in diagnosing and troubleshooting network connectivity and network printing issues.
- Works with vendors and maintenance service providers to diagnose, repair and correct issues for users.
- Troubleshoots basic to intermediate network issues before escalation to other technical experts.
- Participates on an on-call basis.
- Configures and installs personal computer hardware and peripherals.
- Provide software installation.
- Proactive engagement with lab and administrative personnel to build trusting relationships.
- Adheres to safety, confidentiality and legal requirements.
- Training & Education:
- Provides education on systems to all new employees and existing employees as needed.
- Applies good understanding of customer service.
- Strong ability to work with customers of a widely varying skill level and instill confidence in Information Technology.
- Maintains personal technical knowledge by reading publications and attending continuing education courses.
- Inventory & Repairs:
- Builds desktop PC and setup peripherals.
- Performs repairs to hardware, including hard drive, power supply and motherboard replacements, as well as addressing other simple, miscellaneous issues.
- Performs operation maintenance on the mission critical systems (i.e., backup, cleaning, etc.)
- Special Projects:
- Participates in process improvement projects.
- Strong ability to develop business relationships and communicate effectively with the user community, peers and supervisors.
- Applies good knowledge of processes and resources required to perform analytical and technical tasks on PC systems.
- Experience with help desk or request tracking software.
- Experience producing progress reports.
- Good ability to use data and logic to quickly find solutions to difficult challenges.
- Adheres to schedules and agendas and respects others' time.
- Adjusts effectively to new work demands, processes, structures and cultures.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Completes tasks with minimal supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience providing IT Support in an Enterprise environment.
- Strong understanding of IT Service Management (Incident and request management).
- Good understanding of Windows Operating System, Personal Computer Hardware, applications and peripherals.
- Strong knowledge of desktops, servers, printers, terminal servers, Xerox Document Management, Telecommunication, telecommunications systems, fax servers, and network devices and ability to identify problems and fixes.
- Good networking skills (LAN/WAN/VPN)
- Good server administrative skills (Physical/Virtual)
Associate degree in Information Technology field or relevant IT certifications.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
1st Shift (United States of America)
Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.