|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Principal/Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Directly supervises employees in the Structures Crews Department
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Directs workers concerned with major maintenance or reconditioning projects for existing installations
- Cost control
- Attend coordination and production meetings with the PM to develop activities and amend possible problems related to structures
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Certificate in construction
- Minimum of five years experience in similar role
- Structures and bridges construction experience
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding in order to deal with problems involving several concrete variables
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office