|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Evergreen Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Civil/Structural Professional Engineer who will provide design services for our rapidly growing list of clients.
This position will primarily include work on structural projects, including the design and creation of construction drawings for industrial buildings and non-building structures, foundations, and equipment support structures. Coordination with other engineers, engineering interns, CAD technicians and other disciplines will be required. Experience in steel, concrete, masonry design, structural modeling, and drafting (AutoCAD and/or Revit) is desired. Strong verbal and written communication skills are needed. Candidates need to be capable of working independently, taking direction from senior engineers, and collaborating with others.
Education and Licensure Requirements:
· Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an accredited college or university.
· Professional Engineering license in at least one US state with the ability to obtain licensure in other states.
Experience & Skills:
· Previous A&E firm experience, with work in structural design strongly preferred
· Significant experience in structural engineering
· 5+ years of relevant work experience
· Strong understanding of the basic principles of the structural discipline
· Familiarity with the International Building Code structural provisions and referenced structural standards (ASCE 7, AISC 360, ACI 318, etc.)
· Excellent computer skills and familiarity with MS Word, Excel, AutoCAD, and structural modeling software
· Proficiency with AutoCAD and/or Revit to generate construction drawings is a plus
· Ability to generate engineering sketches and supervise drawing generation
· Effective communication and impromptu problem-solving skills
· Ability to follow through in a self-motivated fashion
· Ability to learn quickly and self-teach challenging topics
· Ability to work in a cost-effective, customer-focused, team-based environment
· Understanding and skills in assessing a customer's requirements/needs in the field
· Develop structural designs and details for steel, concrete, wood, and masonry structures
· Perform field investigation of existing conditions
· Perform structural calculations for permitting and client review
· Edit specifications
· Coordinate with other engineering disciplines
· Prepare design documents for drafting
· Complete drafting of design documents as required
· Complete structural condition assessment reports
Evergreen's mission is to provide customized support to move our client's vision to reality by delivering practical engineering solutions, displaying project leadership, and contributing technical expertise.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without employer sponsorship. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or inquiries, please.
- Reviewing structural stress analysis calculations, structural steel and concrete drawings, and structural fabrication drawings
- Undertake detailed structural engineering design
- Produce structural calculations as necessary for structural reviews
- Performing structural analysis and design
- Perform structural analysis and design
- Ensuring civil and structural design
- Perform structural engineering analysis on catastrophe claims and structural repair
- Reviewing and checking structural drawings
- Perform structural analyzes and calculations
- Performing detailed structural analysis and design using structural software and spreadsheet software
- Supervise the work of other structural engineers and structural designers
- Prepare engineering calculations and structural construction documents
- Analyze structures using various structural engineering software programs
- Utilizing structural analysis computer programs
- Use structural engineering and construction terminology
- Evaluate and design structural systems and components by applying knowledge of structural engineering
- Perform structural engineering calculations Review shop drawings
- Reviewing calculations and all work products produced by structural engineers and structural EI/EIT