|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Middough Inc. - 'TOP WORKPLACES' winner!
Sr. Project Architect - Position and Responsibilities
As an Industrial/Science/Technology Senior Project Architect with Middough, you will be part of a project leadership team and responsible for managing and directing all activities associated with the architectural design professionals and the technical design team to provide clients with project solutions. As a senior leader, you will be responsible for project budget, personnel, and technical execution of projects with focus on quality, scope, budget, and schedule. The Senior Project Architect will play an essential role in business development efforts by partnering with other business leaders on a variety of business activities. This position will have opportunities to be involved with many industry sectors projects such as:
- Energy / Power / Utilities
- Food & Consumer Products
- Pharma/ Bio / R & D
- Refining / Industrial Gas
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan the work, manage the scope of work, address changes as added scope and work, adjust the deliverables as necessary, and complete the work within the budget and scheduled time frame.
- Work under the MAPP (Middough Advanced Project Procedures) to maintain quality assurance and control.
- Make presentations to clients.
- Take the project from the proposal to full BIM execution.
- Apply advanced architectural principles, theories, and concepts of design; develop creative, cost effective solutions to complex building designs.
- Prepare proposals and hour estimates responding to RFP's and statements of need.
- Present creative thinking to deliver ultimate project solutions.
- Implement efficiencies in the workplace.
- Support Business Development initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Project Management process.
Education, Experience and Skills
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelors or Master of Architecture from an accredited University.
- State Licensed Registered Architect with 10-20 years of experience required.
- Ability to produce clear and concise drawings using AutoCAD.
- Advanced REVIT skills.
- LEED professional accreditation.
- Rendering capabilities (software related).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CSI Masterspec Specification editing.
- Knowledge of ANSI, cGMP, FDA, FM Global, and NFPA standards.
- Advanced knowledge of the IBC and recognize hazards and life safety on projects for Code Analysis preparation.
- Ability to perform Architectural workflow from programing through construction documents, and construction administration services.
- Knowledge of energy requirements using International Energy Conservation Code and working experience with COMcheck.
- Strong communication skills needed for coordination with Civil, Structural, Plumbing, Mechanical, Fire Protection and Electrical groups.
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge required.
- Ability to execute thorough QA / QC reviews.
- Maintain required continuing education units for licensure renewal.
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate will:
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions within company offices.
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or poor air quality) if or when on-site at a client facility. Safety protections to be provided by the client and/or company and are required to be used and followed.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company locations or client sites.
Middough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a leading professional engineering, architecture and project solutions company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500 clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central, Midwest and Northeast regions. Our diversified team is our greatest asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of interesting projects, management and technical development opportunities and team building experiences. Middough employs the best and brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence and who are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service, safety awareness and professional development.
What Middough Offers
We offer a growth and learning culture which encourages and supports employee development through a wide variety of tools and resources such as the company Learning Management System, Middough Learning Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your talents and expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly competitive compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package, based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and Travel insurance
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Flexible Start Times
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program
Middough participates in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) E-Verify program to confirm work authorization.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.