|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Owning programs and projects, inception to completion, interfacing and supporting customers
No direct reports, works with other managers, reports to VP engineering - The role moves into BUM or VP Engineering for promotion
Must have a technical degree
Power electronics not critical
Assessment test - PI strength and weakness score, 1 hour
18 categories mental strength - Engineering and Program Management, fail for highly sensitive, not assertive, not proactive, close minded - This is pushed by the President and non negotiable
2-3 of top customers - team of 1, ask about how many programs they managed and who did what. We don't want someone that had 5 helpers at all times. They are not on an island but bigger companies group things differently and they need someone to wear multiple hats
Not going to build this to manage future programs with multiple managers under them, the growth is to other positions as noted above. If someone loves PM work and wants to do that forever, this is not the role for them.
No relo, pm site
In this role the responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Planning: Develop plans, schedules, and budgets and identify resources required on assigned programs or projects. Identify risk areas and develop contingency plans to eliminate or mitigate risk that could result in schedule delays or failure to meet technical specification or schedule requirements.
- Management: Coordinate the activities of Engineering, Materials, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and other personnel to ensure that all technical and delivery requirements expected by our customers are met on assigned programs or projects.
- Communication: Interface with customers on matters such as program issues, schedules, and budgets. Coordinate all correspondence with appropriate AI personnel (e.g. President, Engineering, Sales, etc.) and in a way that maintains our customer's confidence.
- Production: Monitor and manage all production deliverables assigned to engineering and ensure timely delivery of products. Work with appropriate engineering staff to ensure products are released from Engineering to Manufacturing in a timely manner.
- Budget: Manage the opening, execution, and closing of engineering budgets in a way consistent with accounting systems, with the goal of ensuring costs are gathered accurately on each engineering project.
- Continuous Improvement: Take the initiative to research, develop, propose, evaluate and/or implement new methods, processes, procedures, or tools that would improve the quality, timeliness, or cost effectiveness of products or services provided to customers.
The successful candidate will have a background which includes the following demonstrable experience, skills and education:
- B.S. in a related technical field required; M.S. (or advanced technical or business degree) preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of related technical and/or management experience
- PMP certification preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, managerial, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop, articulate, and present technical or business information appropriately to targeted audience (including technical and non-technical) and at all business levels in written, verbal, and presentation forms.
- Travel is required, estimated at up to 10% in support of customer meetings, design reviews, and potential work with our other business units.
- Design background in power electronics, including power supplies, magnetics, and control theory, is desired.
Due to the potential for exposure to ITAR controlled data, this role must be a US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident).