|Date Posted||June 24, 2022|
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit .
Summary of Role:
Engineer Process Engineering - Provides on shift technical and sustaining engineering support in Chemical mechanical polishing (CMP) Process engineering group. Recommends and implements equipment and process modifications to improve production efficiencies, manufacturing techniques and production yields for existing products. Design, support and conducts statistical analysis such as Design of Experiments (DOE) and Statistical Process Control (SPC) targeting physical cause of failure for yield loss and improving quality
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Work with equipment, process engineers, and manufacturing teams to ensure production wafer quality (e.g. achieve Cp/Cpk targets, eliminate yield systematics and meet line/wafer yield targets) and on time delivery.
- Provide 24/7 startup, volume ramp and operations support for all respective semiconductor process equipment.
- Act as on shift technical resource, troubleshooting and responding to equipment and process issues. Support technician team with maintaining 24/7 coverage.
- Continue to improve process robustness for high volume manufacturing using statistical tools, DOE techniques, data driven decision making and systematic problem solving skills. Use lean manufacturing and six sigma processes.
- Interpret and respond to Statistical Process Control charts.
- Create process recipes based on set specifications.
- Responsible for process run path management.
- Provide initial response to abnormal tool down events.
- Support and execute structured problem documentation consistency.
- Responsible to investigate holds and blocked lots and address with appropriate departments.
- Responsible for helping with key activities to address problem areas and drive tactical and strategic improvements that will improve cycle time.
- Perform projects to meet Manufacturing indices.
- Support engineering projects on shift.
- Support change point management across shifts.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics or other relevant engineering/physical science discipline is required
- 3 year of industry experience
- Fluent in English Language - written & verbal
- Ability to work in night shift system including weekend coverage during training period and when needed.
- Able to perform shift work on a 12-hour shift schedule when needed, including working in a cleanroom environment per semiconductor industry and GlobalFoundries protocol/requirements
- Able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and equipment throughout a 12 hour day (excluding breaks)
- B.S./Masters/Phd Degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics or other relevant engineering/physical science discipline is required
- Certifications in semiconductor tools of interest.
- Understanding and knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of Experiments (DOE).
- 0-3 years of industry experience based on qualification.
- Experience in module of interest
- Able to multitask
- Able to work in teams
- Able to efficiently problem solve
- Able to make decisions with little supervision
- Able to work with computers and automated systems
- Knowledge of FDC and SPC
- Understanding of APC
- Can do statistical analysis
- Can understand and create design of experiment
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law