|Date Posted||June 24, 2022|
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Middleware Systems Operations Engineering Consultant who will work with an Enterprise Middleware Compliance Support Team to ensure supported servers are compliant with the banks IT security policies. To accomplish this, you will manage scope and schedule technical changes. The Compliance Support Team ensures critical routine
maintenance related to Application, Web and Messaging Servers occurs according to Service Level Agreements. Examples of routine maintenance are patching, configuration drift, vulnerability resolution, and certificate management. This position will partner with multiple lines of business to plan and validate technical changes. The ideal candidate will have experience working on an Agile KanBan Team to review/accept/track work and participate in daily stand-up meetings.
In this role, you will:
- Lead or participate in managing all installed systems and infrastructure within the Systems Operations functional area
- Create plans for both Linux and Windows servers to remediate products like; WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, Apache, IHS, IIS, and MQ
- Plan detailed technical work within a large heterogeneous server population.
- Participate in production incident response situations and Root Cause Analysis efforts.
- Contribute in increasing system efficiencies and lowering the human intervention time on related tasks
- Review and analyze moderately complex operational support systems, application software, and system management tools to ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Work with vendors and other technical personnel for problem resolution
- Lead team to meet technical deliverables while leveraging solid understanding of technical process controls or standards
- Collaborate with vendors and other technical personnel to resolve technical issues and achieve highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- 4+ years of Systems Engineering, Technology Architecture experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2 + years of experience developing or supporting IT Service Management solutions (e.g. Incident Management, Change Management, Asset Management or Configuration Management)
- 2+ years of experience managing project scope and schedule
- 1+ year of process definition and documentation experience
- Experience with tools like Ansible, Puppet and Venafi to deliver automated solutions at scale.
- 2+ years of experience with Jira software, Confluence software or combination of both
- 1+ year of process design or improvement experience
- 2+ years of experience coordinating scheduled report delivery to designated recipients
- 1+ years of experience with the installation, configuration, implementation or administration of WebSphere Application Server
- 1+ year of Tomcat administration experience
- 1+ year of application production support experience
- 1+ year of digital certificate management experience
- 1+ year of experience designing and managing Splunk Dashboards, reports, lookup tables, and summary indexes, including Splunk SPL
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Ability to work on call as assigned
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.