|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Software Engineering Manager...
In this role, you will:
- Manage a team of individual contributor engineers and less experienced engineering managers
- Ensure the craftsmanship, security, availability, resilience, and scalability of solutions developed by the teams or third party providers
- Engage in mentoring and guiding the professional and technical development of more experienced engineers
- Identify and recommend opportunities for developing product functional and technical strategies for the domains, as well as the development of actionable short and long-term product roadmaps, by partnering with business product managers, lead systems architects, and more experienced engineers
- Make decisions and resolve issues regarding strategic products of engineering teams to meet business objectives
- Oversee engineering teams to deliver commitments aligned to strategic product priorities
- Interpret and develop security, stability, and scalability within key areas of technology risk
- Collaborate and consult with agile teams and product managers to drive outcomes
- Interact directly with third party vendors and technology service providers
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for technology engineering
- Mentor and guide talent development of direct reports and assist in hiring talent
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years of Leadership experience
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Software Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Leadership experience
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.