|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Olgoonik Specialty Contractors, LLC, is a general construction company specializing in facilities construction, renovation, and repair. This position is in support of the U.S Corps of Engineers facilities in and around Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Performs safety and occupational health management, surveillance, inspections and safety enforcement at various project sites.
- Develops and maintains the Project Safety Plan and Accident Prevention Plan.
- Conducts safety training, preparatory meetings and tool box topic meetings as required and necessary.
- Maintains and administers the company's safety plan and ensure safe field practices.
- Creates Activity Hazard Analyses prior to each activity or definable feature of work.
- Creates content and assembles all pre-construction binders for each project.
- Directs contractor personnel relative to safety issues or concerns.
- Procures and distributes safety gear for Olgoonik's self-perform workforce.
- Develops and performs safety audits with follow up reports for weekly project site inspections.
- Other duties as assigned.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Possess 5 years' experience as a site construction safety manager/officer on projects of similar scope.
- Must be fully knowledgeable of the latest edition of the EM385-1-1 (Army Corps of Engineers Safety & Health Requirements Manual).
- Corps of Engineers IDIQ construction experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 5-10 years related construction experience required.
- Qualified/cognizant to anticipate, identify, evaluate, and implement corrective action through activity/worker hazard analysis, worker training, proactive oversight of construction operations to abate or reduce potential safety and health hazards and dangerous environmental exposures.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a Team.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision.
- Proficient in MS Office
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Possession of a Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) certificate from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals or be able to obtain the CHST within 6 months.
- 30 Hour OSHA Construction Safety Class or equivalent within the last 5 years is required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 40 pounds.
- This position involves daily travel to the job sites which can be several hours away.
- General office environment. Some travel both domestically and internationally required based on business demands.