|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD Digital is seeking a highly motivated Sr RF DAS system designer/consultant to join our technology design and consulting team based in our Chantilly, VA office. Qualified individuals will possess wide industry and product experience with all major DAS product systems expertise including WiFi Design, Private LTE network - CBRS, Open RAN Architecture, 4G/5G DAS architecture, and Small Cell Technology. Candidate must demonstrate recent experience designing internal building DAS systems including all cabling infrastructure methods and components, development of heatmaps, and signal coverage of internal and external spaces. Understand DAS products to include but not limited to; Ericsson, ADC Fusion and Prism, CORNING Mobile Access, Westell BDA, CSI BDA, ADRF, JMA, CommScope BDA, CommScope DAS, Solid, Nokia, and Samsung-Femto Cell. Understand government guidelines of RF propagation regulations as it relates to RF signal strength and systems interference. Have an enhanced understanding and experiences on working with local Carriers to deliver cellular signals to a given building space. Responsible for design and perform survey of existing and new Distributed Antenna System (DAS) as In-building solution for upgrades or new installation, prepares antenna and cabling layout, schematic diagram and calculates power budget to improve indoor coverage. Perform Link Budget analysis.
Main Purpose of Position
To work as part of a multi-discipline design and engineering team to engineer internal Building DAS and WiFi systems. This will include client consulting, system design and construction administration services (DAS installation contractor oversite) for small and large-scale projects.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct site surveys and gather customer requirements
- Consult with Clients on latest DAS technology trends as an Advisor
- Produce design and engineering documents, including engineering drawings and specifications
- Coordinate system layout and drawings with other disciplines such as mechanical, electrical and architectural design for lighting parameters, HVAC parameters, and telecom.
- Drive quality and consistency by following RF design best practices
- Review contractor RFIs and submittals
- Inspect contractor's work in progress and at project completion
- Witness commissioning of RF DAS systems
- Support Sales with engineering estimates in terms of Design, resources needed, schedule, etc.
- Perform work on multiple concurrent projects within the budgeted cost and to the satisfaction of clients
- Bachelor's degree in related field or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience
- Current Certification, iBwave
- Have advanced technical knowledge of RF propagation modeling
- Posse's training certifications for at least one DAS manufacturer systems
- Understanding of supportive infrastructure for these systems, cabling, conduit, terminations, head end and distributive equipment
- Be able to travel to client locations and job sites and more distant locations as required (short term travel)
- Knowledge in Revit and/or AutoCAD, a plus
- Field experience configuring, troubleshooting, and installing of DAS systems a plus
- Networking experience a plus
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing a plus
- Sales and Business Development a huge plus
- Knowledge and understanding of Structured Cabling Systems a plus
- Ability to think laterally to find an appropriate solution to meet specific application requirements
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and organizational skills
- Be able to work to the highest quality standards with attention to detail
- Responsible and reliable, capable of working alone as well as part of a team
- Must have critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Working knowledge of building codes
- Federal work experience desirable.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with GHD's US vaccination policy and any applicable government regulations related to COVID-19. Individuals hired for GHD positions that require in-person interactions with GHD Clients, or in-person visits to, or work at, GHD Clients sites, must comply with Client imposed requirements, including, in some instances, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. GHD complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.