|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
The Swiss based Bachem Group is a public, innovation-driven company specializing in the development and manufacturing of pepTides and oligonucleoTides. As a full service provider Bachem offers products for clinical development and commercial applications as well as a comprehensive catalog and exclusive custom synthesis. With 50 years of experience and subsidiaries in Switzerland, the United States, the United Kingdom and Japan, Bachem is the partner of choice for the biotech and pharma industry worldwide.
Bachem. Leading Partner in Tides
In order to continue our organic growth, we are constantly looking for talent.
The SeniorEquipment Maintenance Engineer, under limited supervision, monitors and maintains, troubleshoots and repairs facilities and mechanical components, while optimizing utilization.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on production equipment utilizing the preventive maintenance process
- Work closely with Facilities and Operations in support of troubleshooting of process equipment, asset replacement assessment or any pertinent technical support
- Support the development and maintenance of manufacturing equipment, instruments, fixtures, and tooling used in manufacturing, research, and development environments
- Responsible for preparing maintenance and operation protocols, approving calibration documents, setting up calibration parameter, review and following the manufacturersspecifications
- Improve total operating efficiency related to minimizing process downtime, maintaining process preventive maintenance, and improving internal administrative processes
- Associate degree in an engineering or scientific field, or related experience
- FDA, cGMPs, and/or ISO knowledge
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a regulated equipment maintenance environment
- Must be able to resolve moderately complex technical problems independently and progressively gain the sills to solve complex problems with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated continuous improved performance of equipment and ability to communicate improvements
- Demonstrated experience with Laboratory Equipment maintenance such as, reactors and Measuring instruments, cold storage units
- Demonstrated experience with hands on equipment/systems troubleshooting
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and have strong verbal and written communication skills
- May work with hazardous materials and chemicals
- Knowledge of cGMP, pharmaceutical manufacturing methods and engineering principles
- Technical knowledge of processes, equipment and utilities (batch processing, tank, filtration, purified water systems etc.)
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively organize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Experience at CMO
Candidates for positions as US employees of Bachem Americas, Inc. ("Company") must be in the process of or fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and provide the Company with proof of vaccination as a condition of employment, except for U.S. employees who request and qualify under applicable law for disability and religious accommodation from the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. An applicant who receives an offer of employment from the Company for a position as a U.S employee will be required to provide proof of vaccination status, or request and receive a disability or religious accommodation for which the applicant is entitled under applicable law, before their first day of employment or any later deadline specified by the Company in the offer letter. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment opportunities and makes employment decisions without regard to an individual's disability, religion or on any other basis prohibited by law.