|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Position Description: Resource for Operations staff, providing technical, administrative and training support for project development, with an emphasis on project engineering.
Reports To: Operations Manager, Senior Operations Manager or Regional Operations Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Perform constructability review during preconstruction on assigned projects. Support Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) preparation and/or estimate preparation as required.
- Understand and share national and local building codes and requirements, and Turner's internal policies.
- Monitor and assist in the development, training and evaluation of engineering personnel.
- Ensure strict adherence to safety, ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Remain current on technology in the industry. Manage the rollout of new technologies onto Turner jobsites.
- Conduct regular meetings in the various Business Units (BUs) to discuss current challenges, relevant issues, lessons learned, and exchange of information.
- Update and improve content of existing procedures manuals. Develop new procedures manuals for various areas not completely covered.
- Assemble and make available various detailed checklists on a variety of topics with emphasis on risk management.
- Collaborate with architects and engineers on various topics important to the industry and coordinate meetings.
- Attend conferences and industry seminars to gather information on new technologies or new systems to review impact to our business.
- Actively participate in the start-up of each project and maintain a continual general overview of the engineering procedures.
- Visit projects periodically by attendance at job meetings or pre-installation meetings to assist with risk management.
- Collect best practices or good examples and formats for various procedures or methods, including scheduling, budgeting and QA/QC from the project visits and share with other projects and BUs.
- Review closeout procedures with projects.
- Responsible for off-site document storage and retrieval.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree or minimum four years' of formal engineering or architectural training, minimum fifteen years of building construction experience required or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Strong knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques, as well as a basic understanding of Turner accounting procedures. Strong knowledge of various construction methods and materials, their characteristics, installation procedures and tolerances. Management know-how, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
Physical Demands: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor