|Date Posted||June 24, 2022|
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit .
Summary of Role:
GlobalFoundries Fab 8 is seeking a highly skilled and motivated technical Shift Section Manager to become part of our state-of-the-art 300mm factory in Malta, New York. You will be responsible for leading the 4 Metrology Process shift teams in support of maintaining and optimizing manufacturing measurement recipes across multiple tool fleets. Your teams will be responsible to support the line and react to situations 24 x 7. Generally, the work schedule for this position will be 4 ten-hours days providing equal coverage on all shifts.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure a safe work environment and help build a culture where safety is the priority
- Be an active leader in safety programs and help ensure compliance with EHS rules by visitors, contractors, and employees at GlobalFoundries Fab8
- Lead a team of technicians and shift engineers providing day-to-day operations support for the Metrology module
- Coordinate daily technician and engineering activities on-shift to meet manufacturing objectives and department KPI's
- Coordinate training to develop shift employees to safely perform their respective job assignments
- Closely interface with contractors and service providers who will provide specific maintenance or job functions
- Closely interface with the production staff to ensure key deliverables are being met
- Assist Internal Equipment Manager with planning, tracking and execution of plans to realize on-time delivery of shift team related deliverables, and reviews plans, progress and issues with the Management team
- Identify ways to control costs while sustaining and improving operational systems for Fab operation
- Coordinate and ensure continuous improvement of housekeeping, safety, environmental compliance, quality and cost within his/her shift is consistent with overall department goals.
- Establish a work environment characterized by mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork, and a passion for winning
- Administer employment policies and procedures to ensure a positive work environment
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis to identify and resolve production, quality, or maintenance issues
- Actively participate in work teams and committees that are established to improve the overall efficiency and safety performance of the department
- Review daily goals/priorities, project statuses, and qualification timelines and ensure resolution of open issues
- Lead engineering and development activities to achieve the desired WIP turns and cycle time goals
- Lead continuous improvement projects to optimize processes with regards to maintenance quality, process stability and wafer yield
- Support operational execution and technology development
- Complete performance evaluations and career development plans with members of your team
- Relentlessly drive efficiencies
- Establish and execute specific department plans and strategies to support the fab to achieve manufacturing KPIs. These include cycle time, line yield, and OEE (overall equipment efficiency)
- Participate in a 'Continuous Improvement' program and follow 'Lean Manufacturing & 6S' practices in the department to improve productivity and cost effectiveness
- Support Fab8's efforts in building a world class organization, achieving manufacturing excellence and establishing a team based collaborative culture
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Associates degree or higher in technical field with a people management experience and leadership experience in manufacturing and engineering or related field
- 5 years of experience in a semiconductor manufacturing environment
- Fluency in English Language - written & verbal
- Must be able to work per semiconductor industry and GlobalFoundries protocol/requirements, wearing all required clean room protective clothing and equipment
- BS or MS degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics, or other relevant engineering physical science discipline
- Experience as Shift Process or Equipment Engineer within a Clean Room Production Environment or equivalency
- Minimum 5 years people leadership experience in a semi-conductor manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, energetic and self-starter
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies
- Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage a Shift team of engineers & process technicians
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Individual must be able to understand complex automated systems and human interactions.
- Individual must be well versed in all Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint …)
- Strong overall knowledge of semiconductor technologies and equipment
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, and the ability to interface with and influence a broad range of stakeholders
- Promote excellent communication and collaboration between shift MTs/SEs, Equipment & Process engineers
- Knowledge of Metrology measurement techniques and equipment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with individuals from different cultures
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law