|Date Posted||August 5, 2022|
Call Centre / CustomerService
The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Who is the ideal Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
Additional success profiles:
Detail oriented, Flexible, Helpful, Patient, Responsible, Sincere, Understanding
Retirement & Savings Plan
Innovative Training Programs
Tuition AssistanceCareer Stability
Comprehensive Health Coverage
At Paramount, we offer insurance to both large and small groups and also cater to Medicare (Paramount Elite) subscribers in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. Our Medicaid product (Paramount Advantage) services those living in the state of Ohio. We maintain an accreditation by the NCQA - the National Committee for Quality Assurance - for our Ohio HMO, Elite and Advantage products. We re also part of ProMedica, which is ranked the second most integrated health system in the U.S. and No. 1 in the Midwest. For more information about Paramount, please visit our website .
The PMCC Call Center Clinical Nurse supports the strategic initiatives of ProMedica Health System through referral, assessment, and triage services in the Promedica Call Center.
This position reports directly to the ProMedica Call Center Manager. No positions report to this position.
- Utilizes effective verbal and written communication skills to collaborate with external and internal customers, including all members of the interdisciplinary team, to promote ProMedica Health System services.
- Utilizes clinical judgment to systematically collect, validate, analyze, plan, implement, and evaluate care. Follows the nursing process to ensure best practice.
- Follows approved guidelines, algorithms, policies, and procedures to assess and document timely and accurate clinical data.
- Displays critical thinking and organizational skills to meet customer needs and provide safe, quality care, as evidenced by comprehensive assessment skills, utilization of clinically appropriate guidelines, accurate dispositions, and succinct referrals.
- Initiates timely and clinically appropriate action in critical situations.
- Demonstrates proficiency through on-going department specific competencies to meet diverse customer needs.
- Contributes to process improvement initiatives through team collaboration and involvement in unit committees, policy and procedure development, shared decision making, service excellence and recognition.
- Demonstrates collaboration, compassion, excellence, integrity, stewardship, and a community based focus in alignment with the ProMedica Health System mission, vision, and values.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining and upgrading own professional development through continuing education, participation in quality improvement activities, staff meeting attendance, and unit involvement.
- Minimum of three years hospital experience required.
- Diverse clinical skills with emergency or critical care experience preferred.
- Exceptional written, telephonic, and oral communication, problem-solving, interpersonal, and organizational skills required. Ability to coordinate and organize multiple priorities.
- Experience using Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office programs required.
- Knowledge of e-Centauras software preferred.
- Demonstrated typing competency (minimum of 40 wpm).
- Verification of continuing education competencies.
- Current Ohio Registered Nursing license required. Michigan and Kentucky License within 6 months of hire.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace