|Date Posted||August 5, 2022|
Trades & Services
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. Here's a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you...
The Refrigeration Technician will be responsible for the cost efficient day-to-day operation & repair of all facility Refrigeration & Ventilation. Reporting to the Facility Manager, the Refrigeration Engineer will operate, maintain and repair all related equipment.
Full Time - Sunday 5AM-1PM, Mon-Thurs 3PM-11PM
Part Time - Sundays only: 5AM-1PM
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wages
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and EFAP Benefits after 30 days of employment
- Company RRSP with matching DPSP
- Family owned company
- Employee recognition programs
- Establish, implement & follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) for the proper operation and maintenance of all Refrigeration system in the facility.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with facility staff at all levels.
- Meet or exceed all GFS standards and operating specifications for the operation, maintenance of all refrigeration equipment.
- Understand and follow all GFS workplace safety policies that in any way relate to her/his daily duties and responsibilities.
- Participate as required in any and all GFS or external inspections or audits
- Participate actively in the building, implementation and upkeep of a Process Safety
- Management (PSM) system.
- Conducts training on refrigeration plant operation as requested, also willing to undergo additional technical training & instruction as provided by GFS.
- Other tasks as required.
Education, Skills & Competencies:
- Certified Manitoba Refrigeration Engineer, preferably Interprovincial rated.
- Minimum of 2 years of Refrigeration Engineer experience in the operation of commercial and industrial ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Fluent in English and in technical terminologies related to industrial refrigeration and digital control.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and in written form, also in various forms of digital communication.
- Able and willing to understand and follow all GFS refrigeration operating standards, along with documentation of such actions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for the next stage will be contacted. Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line.