|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Michael Baker International's Construction Services staff supports clients by acting as their trusted on-site agent through all phases of construction, from pre-design to close-out, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators and safety experts. As new technologies evolve throughout the construction industry, innovative ideas are required to maintain and deliver successful construction projects.
Generally assigned to a client, the inspector will monitor and inspect construction methods and workmanship to ensure the quality relating to building railways, bridges, tunnels and associated structures in accordance with plans and specifications. The inspector will document findings including contractor construction materials, quantities, personnel, site conditions, safety, etc.
As a client representative, you will be expected to:
- Report to work at the project to which he/she has been assigned.
- Perform site inspections and report to the project engineer responsible for field inspection staff.
- Monitor work on construction projects including quality, schedule, costs, and safety for compliance with the contract requirements and document all findings, observations, and issues.
- Utilize eConstruction tools including iPads and client documentation software.
- HS Diploma or GED
- 0-5 years of prior experience in construction inspection for rail and/or tunnel including related work items
- Computer skills: MS Office
- On-track safety training
- Mid-Atlantic Region Technician Certification Program (MARTCP) certifications preferred (i.e. soils, HMA, concrete)
- MD SHA erosion and sediment control certifications preferred
- Maintenance of Traffic certifications preferred
The hourly range for this position is $20.36/hr.-$50.88/hr. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.