|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Local Unit & Position Description
Do you want to be part of the world's leading renewable energy consultant firm?Are you committed to address climate change and positively impact society and the world? Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and clients, and thrive in a dynamic, inclusive, and respectful environment?
Then you may find the Project Manager in our Wind Independent Engineering team position to be a great fit for you!
DNV Energy Systems ‘Renewables and Power Grids group is seeking a Project Manager to join our Wind Independent Engineering (IE) team. DNV is the world's leading renewable energy consultant and DNV's Wind IE team has held a dominant market position for independent engineering services to support financing and construction of wind energy projects in North America since the early 1980s. Our team are viewed as experts and thought leaders in the industry. In this role, our team provides technical consulting and independent engineering services for wind project developers, financial institutions, and investors who rely upon our reports as part of their investment decision making process. The Project Manager will be responsible for organizing the technical due diligence review process to support the finance and construction of wind projects in North America; communicating and resolving technical issues with clients and lenders/investors; and travelling to project sites in all parts of the country to perform ongoing site inspections related to construction progress on infrastructure and wind equipment installation, including inspection of wind turbines up-tower.This position will ideally be located within our major US market, to include San Diego, Oakland, Portland, Seattle, Medford, Austin, Houston or Dallas. Remote locations may also be considered.Why should you work for us?
Because within DNV's Renewables and Power Grids group and organizational culture, how we collectively influence the world for future generations matters deeply to us. Our team works every day to increase the widespread deployment and operation of renewables to address climate change and positively impact society; endeavors to achieve our purpose through the success of our customers; and strives to be high-performing and innovative. Our approach reflects the equity, respect, and diversity we wish to see in the world.
What You'll Do
- Initiating and coordinating the technical review process among internal specialists (including civil and electrical engineering, energy assessment, turbine technology, permitting, etc.)
- Performing portions of the due diligence reviews, including contract and financial model (OPEX and CAPEX) reviews
- Coordinating input from technical specialists and writing of the due diligence reports
- Discussing and resolving technical issues with project developers and lenders/investors, including coordinating input on such issues from internal technical specialists as necessary
- Developing and winning proposals for scopes of services related to due diligence work
- Coordinating construction monitoring by DNV, including performing site inspections
- Prioritizing QHSE considerations within the team to ensure safe execution and healthy work environment
- Supporting customers through the financial closings of projects
- Participating in continuous improvement efforts for the Wind IE team, including tools/process refinement, and lessons learned initiatives
What is Required
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, science or related energy field from an accredited 4-year university
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in engineering/construction/project management, plus 1 year experience in the wind industry; or 2 years' experience performing technical or financial reviews within the wind industry
- Familiarity with energy industry technology (turbines, balance of plant, etc.) and contracts (construction, supply, operations, interconnection, offtake, and/or asset management contracts); understanding of budgets and financial models
- Project management and time management skills, including an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines and to establish and maintain good relations with clients
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 20% of the time
- Able to sit for long periods of time, when working in office; but also climb wind turbines with appropriate gear (approximately 100 meters up a vertical ladder in all climate conditions) and walk over rough or slippery terrain as experienced on heavy construction sites
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations, and emails, and to clearly communicate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Solution-oriented thinking skills - identifying technical risks and formulating solutions or mitigations that allow development and financing/investment to proceed
- Displaying high integrity and honesty - clients rely on DNV's independence and its responsibility to perform a rigorous but fair review of a project
- Fluent in MS Office products
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
What is Preferred
- Master's degree in a related field
- Some concentration of experience in at least one of the following: wind industry construction and operating contracts, wind project construction, operations/asset management, wind project design/development, turbine technology, or power marketing/offtake contracting
- Experience specifically working with utility owners/purchasers of wind projects
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For more information about your rights under the law, see:
Read more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department (). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
What We Offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts - FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Special programs - Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Consumer discounts and rewards
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
**Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election**
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, DNV provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $110,000 - $155,000.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise, we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complexes, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.