|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
- Pet Insurance*
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The community you'll be caring for:
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you'll contribute:
The Office of Design & Construction (ODC) Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the design of multiple projects as assigned, with or without consultants, interfacing with hospital clinical and engineering staff, management of code compliance, and commissioning of the building. These responsibilities usually involve the management of employees of AdventHealth, consultant designers, contractors and often other individuals with expert skills in their field. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you'll bring to the team:
- Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth's core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
- Utilizes pre-construction understanding of operational considerations, consistently assesses project risks and formulates mitigation plans as needed. Successfully develops and updates project budgets as required utilizing "Project Budget Tracking Form." Delivers projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner in accordance with the approved project scope.
- Effectively leads project evaluation meetings and administrative reviews from conception to completion. Manages the negotiation and bidding of the project; develops, manages, and delivers a project change control process as needed to ensure project team operates within the scope and change approval process.
- Oversees and coordinates the work of the Project Coordinators to assure the project is progressing appropriately, frequently visits job site throughout construction, follows established procedures of the Design & Construction department.
- Monitors subcontractor activities to guarantee compliance with project budget and specification requirements and administer RFIs and Change Orders.
- Through self-motivation, requires minimal management from the Senior Director. Multitasks and manages contract employees, consultants, vendors and staff.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, Construction
- Management or related field, AND/OR equivalent years of experience.
- Five years' healthcare project management experience
- Excellent project management skills to manage multiple small to mid-sized healthcare projects
- Knowledge of healthcare design and construction techniques
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Extensive experience in all phases of architectural design
- Extensive experience in the construction process, including all project deliverables
- Experience with Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA, or equivalent state agency) construction requirements
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.