|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
The Swiss based Bachem Group is a public, innovation-driven company specializing in the development and manufacturing of pepTides and oligonucleoTides. As a full service provider Bachem offers products for clinical development and commercial applications as well as a comprehensive catalog and exclusive custom synthesis. With 50 years of experience and subsidiaries in Switzerland, the United States, the United Kingdom and Japan, Bachem is the partner of choice for the biotech and pharma industry worldwide.
Bachem. Leading Partner in Tides
In order to continue our organic growth, we are constantly looking for talent.
The Project Manager, Engineering is in charge of knowledge transfer of large scale production process and equipment to Torrancelocation from Switzerland. The primary function for this role is to implement best project management practices at the Torrancelocation for capital projects. Additionally, the project Manager will manage start up process and ensure that all employees and other Engineers associated with the equipment can effectively work the large scale system as well as trouble shoot repairs.
- Transfer Bachem proprietary manufacturing technology from Bachem Switzerland to Bachem Torrance
- Understanding of engineering design and technology utilized in Bachem Switzerland for large scale production and equipment
- Implement and build manufacturing infrastructure to mirror Bachem Switzerland utilizing experience gained in Bachem to maximize capabilities
- Experience leading cross-functional teams (Quality, Production, Facilities, Engineering), preferably in a strong-matrix environment
- Capital project experience pertaining to new GMP laboratories, facility related equipment (AHU, dehumidifiers, chillers), cleanroom and lyophilizers, as well as controls and automation associated with these activities
- Develop and train employees on utilization of maintenance schedule for new equipment
- Support the Engineering Manager on capital projects for facility remodeling and expansion
- Perform activities associated with the design and qualifications of the new and existing equipment used in a manufacturing plant
- Create new process and equipment drawings based on specifications and standards
- Act as the lead project manager for the design and construction of new plant expansions and plat-related capital projects
- Work with other departments, contractors and vendors
- Perform process development studies for new and existing projects. Write summary reports to support the process development data
- Write standard operation procedures, standard test procedures, master batch records and other related GMP documents
- BS degree in Engineering or related disciplines
- Work experience in GMP-related capital projects
- Knowledge of cGMP, pharmaceutical manufacturing methods and engineering principles
- Technical knowledge of processes, equipment, and utilities (batch processing, tank, filtration, lyophilization, purified water systems etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong MS Suite skills, particularly MS Project, Sharepoint, etc.
- Ability to effectively organize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Ability to lead engineering teams in project management practices and assist engineering manager in developing site-wide procedures regarding managing capital projects
- Ability to communicate in a proactive and solution-focused manner, including keeping management aware of potential issues
- Detail oriented with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Ability to liaison between Bachem General Contractors and internal stakeholders
- Strong inter-personal skills to influence and negotiate with Bachem functional managers
- Communicate effectively and ability to function well in a team environment
- Experience with Peptides
- General lab instrument (GC, FTIR, NMR and KF) knowledge and operation experience
- PMP certification
You will be part of a motivated team overseeing the entire development cycle of respective APIs. If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a motivated team in an internationally renowned company,
Candidates for positions as US employees of Bachem Americas, Inc. ("Company") must be in the process of or fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and provide the Company with proof of vaccination as a condition of employment, except for U.S. employees who request and qualify under applicable law for disability and religious accommodation from the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. An applicant who receives an offer of employment from the Company for a position as a U.S employee will be required to provide proof of vaccination status, or request and receive a disability or religious accommodation for which the applicant is entitled under applicable law, before their first day of employment or any later deadline specified by the Company in the offer letter. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment opportunities and makes employment decisions without regard to an individual's disability, religion or on any other basis prohibited by law.