|Date Posted||August 30, 2022|
Manages plant capital and continuous improvement projects. Drives the development and implementation of BDG engineering standards by deploying proven methods of project planning and management. Partners with construction, equipment vendors, 3rd party project engineers, operations personnel, BDG safety and quality personnel and serve as a liaison for BDG. Adheres to all procedures and practices associated with Food Safety, Food Security and Food Quality. Assists with the training and implementation of all practices and procedures associated with Food Safety, Food Security and Food Quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Project manages small site capital projects or continuous improvement projects.
* Oversees the development of the project scope, budget and schedule and the shepherding of the project through the BDG project approval process.
* Delivers risk assessment of the new proposed projects that considers food safety and people safety.
* Tracks approved capital projects budget.
* Assists in establishing and communicating construction project schedules and deadlines for major capital projects undertaken at the site.
* Administers and coordinates all construction and equipment design related requisitions and purchase orders.
* Conducts manufacturing/continuous improvement engineering assignments to develop new methods, tooling and machine concepts, cost estimates, and/or to resolve engineering problems involved in manufacturing of standard parts or products.
* Engages in project coordination and continuous improvement project work in the areas of productivity improvements, lean manufacturing, labor reduction, cost savings and new manufacturing technologies.
* Provides all order entry functions, which supports engineering and all manufacturing scheduling and planning functions.
* Compiles and maintains control records and related files used to release drawings and engineering documents to manufacturing, supports departments, and outside suppliers.
* Enters all invoices for materials into company ERP system.
* Assists in the development of proposals and bid request documents for automation, mechanization, methods, special tooling, machine attachments, etc., for the purpose of cost reduction.
* Assists with addendums and change orders for procurement phase while prioritizing work and projects.
* Manages the change management process for all proposed changes resulting from continuous improvement projects
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by manager.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Process Engineering.
* 1 year of industrial engineering experience OR an engineering internship.
* Experience as a Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Process Engineer via previous employment or internship.
* Knowledge of manufacturing engineering processes.
* Demonstrated problem solving skills: can take data and input that is not well organized and organize it in a way that makes analysis possible and be able to proactively solve problems.
* Project Experience: demonstrated ability to go from theoretical idea to implementation in the field and prove operation and demonstrated generation of ideas.
* Proficient in computer skills using software in word processing, spreadsheets and relational database systems.
* Experienced working under and meeting tight deadlines.
* Requires accurate and complete documentation from project inception to project closure to meet Company internal auditing and accounting requirements.
* Ability to write and update RFP (Request for Proposal) documents.
* Ability to present complex technical information to internal and external customers.
* Experience working on cross functional teams (Project teams, Supply Chain, Internships, Software, Production, etc.).
* Demonstrated understanding and proficiency of Project Management software e.g.: MS Project, MS excel.
* Good organization, communication, analytical and project management skills;
* Strong software skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
* Some experience working in the food industry or with a consultant engineering company.
* Ability to use mathematical modeling software/programs/techniques to analysis data to generate project solutions.
* Detail oriented.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Disciplined work ethic.
* Great attitude and energy.
Required to physically move throughout the facility, including climbing multiple flights of stairs, ladders, elevated catwalks and tight access areas. Able to sit/work at a desk for extended periods of time doing things such as analytical work or reports, which requires focus, while utilizing a computer.
Plant environment being exposed to dust, high noise levels, extreme temperature and humidity fluctuations and wet operating work conditions. Typical conditions may include prolonged sitting, standing and walking.
Blue Diamond Growers is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
Other Job Details:
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
Grow your career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People!
Blue Diamond Growers (BDG) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. BDG provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information. BDG also complies with all provisions of the U.S. Government's Executive Order 11246 dated September 24, 1965 and the rules, regulations and relevant orders of the Secretary of Labor.