|Date Posted||June 24, 2022|
Trades & Services
Nesco Resource is searching for an experienced Process Engineer to work with an established company in the Napoleon, OH area. This is a first shift, Direct Placement opportunity.
The Process Engineer is responsible for all Engineering aspects of the production machinery, related implements and work flows as well as building maintenance. This work includes but is not limited to, time studies, ergonomic workflow analysis, downtime analysis, OEE, preventative maintenance, as well as other studies and projects as directed from their leadership within the company business unit.
The Process Engineer will collaborate with other members of the team to:
- Build workflow studies for efficiencies
- Handle vendor relations regarding facility maintenance
- Develop relationships with Machine and equipment manufacturers
- Support Sales and Operational leaders in the quoting process to ensure product/machine compatibility, and that correct specifications and materials obtained/created to support production
- Track and direct the equipment and facility maintenance efforts (Preventative and improvements)
Duties and Responsibilities (Includes but not limited to):
- Machine/Business Processes
- Specification, design, and deploy machines as necessary to serve business interests.
- Develop, deploy, and monitor preventative maintenance procedures for equipment.
- Develop, deploy, and monitor Machine KPIs to benchmark and to discover areas for improvement and monitor upgrades.
- Optimize productivity by designing, implementing, and testing new procedures.
- Assesses compliance with applicable safety and quality standards.
- Continuous Improvement
- Perform Industry Benchmarking and Analysis as appropriate to devise continuous improvement opportunities.
- Research, design, and develop business processes to optimize productivity and workflow.
- Investigate and troubleshoot any problems that arise with human/machine processes, procedures, and operations.
- Design and deploy 5S layouts to improve flow, and audit 5S programs.
- Lead or collaborate on a range of CI projects as called upon.
- Solutions Design
- Assist in concept and design of warehousing and co-packing solutions to respond to customer interests.
- Research technologies and innovation to ensure solutions designs are competitive in the warehousing and co-packing space.
- Perform Time Studies and analysis to support the development of design models.
- Collaborate and contribute to departmental efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed
- Degree in manufacturing, industrial, mechanical or electrical engineering, or engineering technology
- 2+ years of experience in manufacturing or industrial engineering preferred.
- Experience evaluating and troubleshooting manufacturing processes and machinery.
- Machine capabilities and capacities
- Facility systems and structure
- Quoting process
- Corrective Action, 5S, and Leadership Standard Work
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organization and management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and advanced expertise in Excel
- Strong analytical thinker
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- 2+ years in 3PL quality and operations
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% of time
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as requested by Manager
- Responsive, resourceful, reliable, decision quality/analysis, agility, customer focus, proposal development/ROI, interpersonal savvy, dealing with ambiguity, planning, self-development, thrives in a fast-paced environment, attention to detail, assertive, thirst for learning
- What People Know:
- How to effectively train support team members and general labor on process & preventive actions for machine maintenance
- How to develop solutions with limited information and/or time
- What People Have Done:
- Supervised workflow in support of operational leaders
- Simplify processes
- Identify trends, capitalize on strengths, minimize weaknesses
- Lead projects and achieve commercial success - reduced downtime and improved working ergonomic efficiencies
- Connect the dots between operational and process performance metrics
- What People Can Do:
- Learn and adapt to change
- Leverage communication skills/tools to achieve successful outcomes
- Take direction from Manager constructively
- Contribute to results of a high-performing team
- Establish priorities, problem-solve, meet stated goals without consistent supervision
- Recognize corrective actions and facilitate continuous improvement projects
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.