|Date Posted||June 24, 2022|
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit .
Summary of Role:
GlobalFoundries is looking for a highly motivated Tapeout Operations Engineer to work in the Global Tapeout Organization, based in Burlington, Vermont. The successful candidate will work with 100% quality and Best in Class cycle time in mind. This role requires a close working relationship and collaboration with internal teams (Optical Proximity Correction (OPC), Frame, Tapeout Logistics and Integration (TLI), Product Life Cycle Manufacturing, etc..), to provide exceptional tapeout services in the increasingly complex and competitive world of wafer manufacturing.
The roles and responsibilities will include engaging in daily Tapeout Operations such as Design Rule Check (DRC), mask Data Prep, quality verification, as well as working with cross-functional teams to ensure that Release to Mask write (RTM) happens on time. The successful candidate will have experience in and strive for Continuous Improvement, Cost Reduction, and Process Evolution to improve the quality of Tapeout Operations and Turn Around Time (TAT). Having Exceptional problem Solving, and analytical skills and Scripting capability help improve the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), which Management track and report out and take action on regularly.
Candidates must be able to work in a fast paced and quickly evolving team environment. The ideal candidate must exhibit strength in engineering fundamentals, such as semiconductor devices, and have strong problem solving, teamwork, project Management, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
This role will require some weekend rotations, holiday Coverage and some travel may be required.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Engage in Daily Tapeout Operations activities such as DRC, Dataprep, issue debug, work queue prioritization, and work hand-off across geographic locations
- Work closely with the Fabs, project management, OPC Teams, Tapeout Logistics & Integration Team, Tapeout Integration Team and Product Life Cycle Management Team to facilitate clean tapeouts to RTM
- Collaborate with teams within the Global Tapeout Operations Organization to develop and Implement work improvement methods to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, and improve cycle times
- Solve complex technical problems and contribute to multiple projects at the same time. Demonstrate strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Learn and explore new technologies and work with urgency on both Tactical and Strategic Problems
- Document and institutionalize Best Practices and Training Material to ensure the smooth completion of the TOC mission
- Ensure that processes are well documented, and that failure modes are assessed and have mitigation and detection in place
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education - BS Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering or physical science discipline
- Experience - Minimum 4 years of semiconductor process or engineering experience
- Linux expert user
- Language Fluency - Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a SECRET level U.S. Government security clearance
- Education - MS or PhD in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering or physical science discipline
- Experience - Minimum 4-5 years of Mask Data Prep, Tapeout, Layout Design Engineering
- Knowledge of the Mask Making process
- Familiarity with Product Layouts, KERF or FRAME Design, EDA tools such as Mentor Calibre, and Cadence Virtuoso are highly desirable
- Ability to solve Complex Technical Problems and contribute to multiple projects at the same time
- Lean Six Sigma Certification or experience in Structured Problem Solving (SPS)
- Project Management Certification
- Strong ability to learn and explore new technologies, opportunities, and continuous improvement
- Exceptional Spoken and Written Proficiency in English
- Should be a flexible Team Player and motivated as an Individual Contributor
- Proven Leadership skills - The ability to lead and deliver on cross functional projects
- Scripting Skills in Python, Perl or any other equivalent language
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law