|Date Posted||June 24, 2022|
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit .
Summary of Role:
This position for a (band 6) engineer within the GlobalFoundries PostFab NPI Packaging organization is for an Application Engineer (AE) to cover New Product Introduction NRE and to generate and provision product documentation and related information.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Drive new NPI project to ensure first time prototype success for assembly services within the expected delivery schedule.
- Support and, as when directed, drive new subcontractor, assembly material and process qualification.
- Drive engineering activities with subcontractors and customers to improve yield, efficiency, cost and quality.
- Define control system to ensure assembly subcontractors deliver to GlobalFoundries's automotive quality expectation, inclusive of managing assembly/process/material changes at subcontractors.
- Define, write, update, and release packaging product specifications, bills of materials, and associated documentation to accurately document product requirements. Partner with multiple groups within GlobalFoundries, including mechanical designers, documentation releasers, application engineers, development, reliability, turnkey supplier interface, supplier quality, and others as needed.
- Review and approve product documentation as required in support of processing of GlobalFoundries products at OSAT suppliers.
- Maintain and provision all product documentation and wafer map templates to GlobalFoundries' OSAT suppliers providing wafer / die processing and/or assembly and test services.
- Perform reviews of far back end of line fab mask layer data to ensure packaging requirements are met.
- Work with internal GlobalFoundries teams to define, improve, and test business processes and systems, including working with Pheonix team on OneGF method to provision documentation to OSATs and customers.
- Provide ongoing technical guidance to releasers and mechanical designers regarding the requirements needed to release all documentation.
- Participate in customers' audit/visit to subcontractors and support quality audit on subcontractors.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- English language fluency (written & verbal)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Strong interpersonal skills (teamwork)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexibility / ability to learn new systems / software / tasks
- Highly motivated individual / Initiative / ability to routinely work independently with little or no direction
- AutoCAD and CATIA experience
- 1-3 years experience in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- 1-3 years experience in the semiconductor industry, with Post-Fab / packaging, semiconductor package reliability, automotive packaging and/or Si Photonics a strong plus
- Project coordination skills
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law