|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
PACCAR seeks a motivated engineer to help meet the upcoming OBD challenges in the commercial truck industry. This person keeps abreast of future technology and provides recommendations to help define PACCAR's OBD compliance strategy. This person will participate in industry committees to help shape future OBD regulations and use their experience to help PACCAR navigate the challenging regulatory environment
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. This position is located in our Michigan Office in beautiful Farmington Hills, Michigan.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Lead reviews of proposed OBD running change content
- Provide regulatory guidance to improve robustness of PACCAR's OBD system
- Provide OBD regulation guidance to PACCAR product development teams and suppliers
- Develop OBD regulatory requirements including agency expectations & corporate policies
- Review proposed powertrain architectures and diagnostic changes to assess OBD compliance impact
- Participate in a weekly regulatory compliance meeting to provide OBD regulation guidance to PACCAR product development teams
- Participate in industry meetings (EMA, SAE, etc.) and provide summaries to inform key stakeholders within PACCAR
- Comprehensive understanding of either the CARB 1971.1 or 1968.2 regulations
- Diesel OBD experience preferred
- Minimum 8 years of experience in either OBD regulatory, algorithm, calibration, validation, or verification
- Experience in preparing and presenting technical information to management
- Awareness of industry meetings impacting OBD such as EMA or SAE is preferred
- Experience with MATLAB, Doors Next Generation, or other similar applications
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Interested in working in a dynamic organization
BS in engineering or other related science discipline required, Advanced Degree preferred
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.