|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION UNDERWRITER
Our client is a Wholesale/MGA Agency servicing 18 states across the nation, but rapidly expanding nationwide. They have built their business by making solid commitments to business relationships with producers, their companies and service providers, to provide superior service and knowledge at all times. This position helps them to uphold that commitment to their customers in a family friendly work environment.
- Develop the business of an assigned group of retail agents:
- who have a certain loyalty to our company;
- who follow the philosophy of our company regarding submitting applications, binding risks, and paying in a timely manner;
- who regularly produce a minimum of $50,000 in premiums per year;
- who have an average "hit ratio" of 33%.
- Follow organization and department procedures and to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Have a good attendance record.
- Produce a book of business equal to at least $250,000 in revenues to our company after a maximum of three years.
- Represent our company well in every instance.
- Excellent computer, typing, word processing and speaking skills.
- Proficiency in the use of ImageRight and OMNI Plus.
- Ease with numbers, negotiation of premiums, details.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a P&C Underwriter at an MGA or insurance company.
- Completion of classes and testing required for a General Lines License by the end of six months; regular completion of required Continuing Education classes.
- Excellent knowledge of rating, coverages, and underwriting guidelines for specific insurance markets.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to bring at hiring, or to develop within a reasonable time, enough retail agents to produce a minimum of $250,000 in revenues per year (within three years). Interest in becoming an "entrepreneur" regarding production, marketing and bonuses.
- Remain up-to-date on all guidelines and forms.
- Visit all assigned agents at least once a year, documenting the visits in OMNI.
- Request of the agents any information required prior to issuing a proper quote.