|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at for more information.
DHI Communities is a multifamily development division of D.R. Horton, Inc.
DHI Communities is currently looking for a Multifamily-Superintendent in the Construction Department. The Multifamily-Superintendent is accountable for delivering multifamily projects on time and with impeccable quality and attention to detail, while upholding DHI Communities' standards for safety, environmental compliance, project tracking, and documentation, and handling jobsite interpersonal issues in an appropriate manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares project site and arranges for installation of temporary facilities required for construction
- Conduct preconstruction meetings with critical trades such as grading, concrete, rough framing, plumbing, electrical to determine readiness
- Plan, coordinate, and manage day-to-day project activities to meet project schedule, quality, and budget objectives
- Monitor project safety and enforce DHI Communities' standards with all onsite personnel without exception to ensure the project is safe for all workers and visitors
- Prepare for and conduct all onsite subcontractor meetings
- Work with local building officials to schedule inspections, and re-inspections as required to obtain ultimate project sign-off
- Take ownership and responsibility for the completion of the project punch list, assuring smooth product transition to property/asset management
- Oversee and assist in training assistant superintendent(s), taking responsibility for ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures
- Prepare and submit RFIs to the project manager to resolve subcontractor questions
- Document all subcontractor back charges for repairs of damaged work, and other labor required by DHI Communities to ensure the responsible party pays its share
- Complete all necessary paperwork (daily field logs, weekly safety meetings, employee sign in sheets, delivery sign in sheets, RFI requests, change order requests, etc.)
- Approve subcontractors' invoices with project manager
- Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary to meet business needs
- Develops and maintains good rapport with subcontractors, homeowners, city officials and inspectors
- Exhibit skills and behavior that establish and maintain harmonious working relationships between all members of the team
- Maintain construction inventory of company owned equipment, furniture, and other materials on the jobsite
Execute company policies and enforces uniformity on construction methods to ensure compliance with quality standards
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of supervisory experience in the construction field, with a focus on large, multifamily and commercial building projects
- Must have a vehicle capable of carrying supplies, valid driver's license and be willing to drive among designated communities in daytime and nighttime
- Ability to utilize DRH Construction applications on a smart phone, tablet, or laptop
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral form or via DRH Construction applications
- Proficient with technologies and applications used in business and on construction sites, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project software
- Ability to schedule multifamily projects using SureTrak/Project/Phoenix Project Manager or similar scheduling software
- OSHA 30 Certified preferred, with OSHA 10-hour minimum
- Dust control certified preferred
- Work effectively in high pressure situations
- Ability to communicate organizational policies and other information to subordinates
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder.
Follow us on social for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram