|Date Posted||June 24, 2022|
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit .
Summary of Role:
GlobalFoundries is seeking a highly motivated engineer to join our US Frame Design team to develop automation that enables rapid, high quality new product introduction in our worldwide semiconductor fabs. Position is based in Burlington, Vermont.
The US Frame Design team, residing within the Tapeout organization, which has peer teams located in Singapore & India:
- Develops Frames bordering internal or client supplied chip designs to support the generation of semiconductor testsite and product masks for Fab 8 (Malta, NY) & Fab 9 (Essex Junction, VT) & Fab 10 (Fishkill, NY) advanced technology development.
- Creates numerical representations and documentation of the Frame for use during wafer manufacturing or post wafer operations by our Foundry clients. Optimized wafer layout for fab and client productivity.
- Programs, tests and supports the Frame generation infrastructure to ensure high availability and quality operation is sustained during development as well as production manufacturing.
- Coordinates specifications and verification for Frame structures and placement requirements with Technology Development, Process Integration, Patterning, Metrology, Photolithography, Characterization, Data Preparation, Design Services, Mask tech and Frame Design teams, to enable frame structure generation.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Develop frame automation to enable rapid, high quality new product introduction.
- Engage in daily Frame activities include frame build, issue debug, work queue prioritization, and work hand-off across geographic locations.
- Develop new and enhanced Frame generation infrastructure to enable rapid, high-quality support of advanced technology development.
- Individually perform as well as lead others on the customization or validation of software code and layout tools used to generate reticle level designs, documentation and numerical files that drive automation within globally located Fabs or Mask Houses.
- Participate in planning, management, and execution of cross functional projects.
- Collaborate with peer Frame teams located in the US, India and Singapore.
- Document and institutionalize Best Practices and Training Material.
- Ensure that processes are well documented, and that failure modes are assessed and have mitigation and detection in place.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline in STEM
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline in STEM with 6 years of relevant experience or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline in STEM with 5 years of experience or PhD. with 3 years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline in STEM.
- Experience in semiconductor industry inclusive of design, tapeout, new product introduction and semiconductor fab setup with knowledge in related areas such as mask data preparation, in-line metrology, reticle construction and manufacturing, testchips, reticle frame building, OPC or mask manufacturing.
- Experience in software engineering (preferred languages are Java, Perl, Python), shell scripting on a Linux platform and relational database experience (SQL).
- Knowledge of Cadence MaskCompose or similar software package.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law