|Date Posted||June 24, 2022|
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GLOBALFOUNDRIES makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit .
Summary of Role:
This position will be located at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in Malta, New York (Fab8) and report to the CMP Equipment Engineering Manager with the primary responsibility of installing new tools, working with the supplier on equipment issues and/or upgrades and supporting the manufacturing floor. This individual will develop, sustain, ramp and transfer technologies within the company or other sites. Able to work in a cleanroom environment per semiconductor industry and GLOBALFOUNDRIES protocol requirements, wearing all required clean room protective clothing and equipment up to a 12H day and lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis during tool maintenance (scheduled or unscheduled).
As an Equipment Engineer you are responsible to support the Fab8 CMP equipment engineering and maintenance team. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
- Work directly with equipment engineers and maintenance technicians to establishment business processes to run and maintain the tools in production, as well as their documentation according to quality standards
- Strong focus on keeping timelines and cost/budget control
- Work in close collaboration with Process and Manufacturing teams
- Establishment of the equipment engineering and maintenance related business processes (SOPs, BKMs, JBIs) necessary to run and maintain the tools in production, as well as their documentation according to quality standards
- Continue to improve robust process for high volume manufacturing using statistical tools, DOE techniques, data driven decision making and systematic problem solving skills. Use lean manufacturing and six sigma processes.
- Develop and train the equipment technicians. Create materials and perform training of technicians working on tools in the area
- Ensure close interaction with equipment suppliers and work together on resolution of tool issues
- Advanced troubleshooting of semiconductor process tool issues:
- Trace data analysis using OEM's application and tool software
- Trace data analysis using current FDC/E3
- Able to read and understand tool schematics (electrical, PIDs, utilities diagrams, etc.)
- Work with equipment technicians to monitor and drive equipment performance KPIs (Availability, Net MT%, PM Success). When needed adjust to fab goals
- Ensure continuous knowledge exchange on best known methods and improvement levers with sister fabs (ex. Fab 1, Fab 7) engineers. Translate changes in other factories to improvement actions within the current fab
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- 2-year Technical/Associates Degree in Science, Engineering, Semiconductor Manufacturing or a related discipline with a minimum of 3 years equipment engineering experience on relevant CMP equipment (AMAT Reflexion LK/LKPS/LKPrime)
- BS degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or other related engineering physical science discipline
- Fluency in English Language - written & verbal
- Previous wafer fab experience
- Previous semiconductor engineering experience
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Strong continuous improvement mindset, permanently driving to identify and eliminate waste and errors in business processes, work procedures and instructions, work organization
- Strong organizational skills, demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and self-starter. Demonstrated ability to use these attributes on conflict resolution
- Individual well versed in all Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law