|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
Pay rate: $36.09 hourly
Click Here to Apply Today!
Not sure if you meet all the requirements, but still think this role,
but still think Crown Cork & Seal could be the right fit for you?
Go ahead and apply!
Location: Mankato MN
The Master Electrician performs electrical installations and maintenance work on equipment to maintain production operations and ensure safe, efficient manufacturing operations.
- Employer paid medical, Rx, vision and dental for employee
- Eligible on the first day of the month following completion of one full month
- Dependents covered at additional cost
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent daycare/Elder care flex spending accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Additional discounts through Crown Perks program
As an active member of the production team on the plant floor, the Master Electrician will support the daily production activities at our three-piece can manufacturing operation. This position will interact closely with all aspects of the manufacturing process. The position is hands-on and will be required to cover a variety of duties and responsibilities. Troubleshooting issues with existing equipment is an essential part of keeping the manufacturing line productive.
Job Responsibilities: •Reporting directly to the Electrical Engineering Manager, responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- To install or maintain electrical systems for production equipment or facilities in accordance with Minnesota State Building and Electric codes and provide guidance and direction to the facility with safe electrical practices.
- Train and mentor other plant electricians.
- Perform daily preventive maintenance of electrical circuits.
- Install new electrical circuits.
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain and program PLC's
- Bend and install electrical conduit following all appropriate local and national codes.
- Responsible for maintenance, inspections, and modification of electrical equipment, technologies, and processes.
- Replacement of motors of any voltage, phase, system, and horsepower
- Troubleshoot electrical circuits, motors, and equipment controls.
- Help plant production personnel troubleshoot electrical problems.
- Monitors and works with outside contractors and technical personnel, when required.
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS *
- Current Masters electrician license in good standing.
- Ability to become Master of Record for Crown Mankato and knowledge to comply with all city and state electrical codes.
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to document work orders
- At least 4 years industrial experience including 480V 3 phase
- Prefer some instrumentation and/or PLC experience
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Strong problem-solving skills through an individual and/or collaborative approach
- Must be able to look at new solutions and "think outside the box"
- Strong Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Knowledge of basic mathematics - conversion of metric to English measure
- Density/SPG calculations
- Effective leadership skills such as communication, decision making, etc.
- Excellent time management and project management skills as well as the ability to multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and may be required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The associate may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus
- Generally, works in a plant environment but will be required to perform some job duties inside an electrical shop
- While performing the duties of this job, associate will be exposed to power sources
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicular traffic
- The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures
- The noise level is frequently loud
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage xPO is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.