|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, which include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises - our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Manager, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
What you'll discover
- Inclusive culture and career growth opportunities
- Global IT Organization which collaborates across U.S., Canada, Europe and Australia, click here to learn more
- Challenging, collaborative, and team-based environment
What you'll do
The Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) organization embodies the hub of lifecycle engineering at TJX, delivering, maintaining, and optimizing our technology portfolio at cloud scale. We are a service-oriented team aimed at providing extraordinary experiences to thousands of TJX associates, business partners, and application delivery teams across the portfolio
The SRE Manager will be a key leader on our Systems Engineering team, responsible for building/managing a team of Site Reliability Engineers who work closely with Product Development, Architecture & DevSecOps teams to build observability, resiliency, and automation into everything they do.
What you'll need
We seek creative, customer-focused individuals with technical expertise and a mindset for continuous improvement. We rethink how software and infrastructure are delivered at cloud scale and work closely with other teams to improve key services.
- 7+ years' experience managing engineering teams of varying sizes and time zones (centralized specialists and engineers who are embedded with Product Engineering teams)
- 3+ years of experience following the modern site reliability practices, has a strong customer focus, and is an enthusiastic change agent
- Promote SRE Culture among the teams
- Manage availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of applications/services
- Implement and collaborate on solutions that increase the monitoring and observability of systems at scale and detect and alert on trends of information.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the team and ensure a high level of value, productivity, quality, and reliability
- Technical program management & leadership skills (Design, implementation & Support)
- Ability to craft persuasive and compelling arguments, documents, and presentations
- Ability to interface with both Development teams and dedicated operations support staff
- Experience working with Oracle COTS applications (EBS, Retail, POS …) a big plus
- Previous programming experience
- Experience working with Observability Tools like Grafana, Prometheus, Loki…
- Experience in modern Cloud-based technologies & DevOps Tooling: Azure, Oracle, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Git, Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Ansible, Terraform.
Join us and Discover Different at TJX, click here to learn more.
Come Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you'll find that it's so much more than a job. When you're a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding great deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff (Competitive salaries: check. Solid benefits: check. Plenty of room for advancement: of course). It's our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Full COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster once eligible, is a condition of employment at TJX, subject to reasonable accommodation where required by law.