|Date Posted||June 24, 2022|
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit .
Summary of Role:
SMTS/Snr Section Manager: Fab 9 SQ&ME SQ Sponsor and Global Commodity Manager
Main responsibilities is lead a team which continuously works with domestic and global suppliers to assure high quality and stable supply of material coming into Fab 9. Work closely with internal process/module teams as well as global GF teams.
Reporting to the Global Supplier Quality and Materials Engineering Sr. Director, the Global Supplier Quality & Mat Engineering team manager will be located at FAB 9 Burlington VT. Main responsibilities are to lead a team which continuously works with domestic and global suppliers to assure high quality and stable supply of material coming into Fab 9. Work closely with internal process/module teams as well as global GF teams. Work with suppliers to improve their processes for early detection of abnormalities and develop strategies for continuous improvement. Drive problem closure using structured problem-solving methodologies. Coordinate supplier evaluations during new supplier / material qualification stages as well as during regular audit rotations. Based on the technical materials expertise, Global Commodity within Indirectl Materials Will be assigned
Essential Responsibilities Include:
Lead, develop, and continuously improve the team and business processes to:
- Check and release material deliveries in compliance with specifications
- Drive STC implementation across approved supplier list
- Manage supplier change requests, including risk assessment, qualification, and approval
- Rate supplier quality performance during global supplier rating period
- Issue and lead SCAR closure with suppliers
- Ensure immediate escalation, internal and at the supplier, in the case of emergencies / excursions that impact production
- Conduct / lead supplier onsite audits
- Work with the global supply management team to drive overall GF supplier strategy
- Continuously improve supplier performance to meet the needs of GF
- Partner with photochemical suppliers to define their quality roadmaps
- Support the global supply management team to execute supply continuity projects
- Track and report key incoming QMS KPI's to fab management
- Support new materials qualifications through a thorough assessment of their QMS and technical manufacturing capabilities.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education - M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or related field
- Experience - 6+ years of relevant experience
- Travel: 10-20%
- Fluency in English Language - written & verbal
- Education - Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of Semiconductor processing
- Data analysis skill
- Prior management experience in the semiconductor industry
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law