|Date Posted||June 24, 2022|
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit .
Summary of Role:
Fab 10 Clean Tech Engineering Module Manager
First line engineering management position in charge of the Clean Tech (wafer cleans and wet etch) Process team. The manager will lead a team of engineers and D1/D2 AWS technicians to deliver desired outcomes for Quality, Delivery, Cost, Team, and Value objectives, using a balanced approach to achieving key performance indicators. The manager will drive equipment productivity improvements and ensure best-in-class process controls are in place, engaging with other GlobalFoundries fabs and partner fabs. Collaborative work with peer managers, across organizational boundaries, and with our partners and equipment vendors is critical to enable the best outcomes for Fab 10. This team's responsibilities include meeting Clean Tech chemical cost objectives, controlling existing processes/tools, qualifying new equipment, and developing processes for new technologies.
- Review daily goals/priorities, project status, and qualification timelines and ensure appropriate actions to resolve open issues
- Establish and execute specific module plans and strategies to support the fab to achieve manufacturing KPIs. These include cycle time, line yield, and OEE (overall equipment efficiency)
- Establish process capability and ensure technical results and program needs in conjunction with fab operations, other engineering groups and suppliers
- Define robust processes for the engineering teams to execute technical evaluation of competing process solutions against defined requirements and guidelines.
- Coordinate engineering activities to meet manufacturing objectives and technology milestones
- Drive to meet fab operational uptime goals through effective process recovery execution and process technician skills pipeline/training plans
- Lead continuous improvement projects to optimize processes with regards to process stability and wafer yield.
- Identify ways to control costs while sustaining and improving operational systems for Fab operation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement programs and follow Lean Manufacturing practices in the department to improve productivity and cost effectiveness.
People Management responsibilities include:
- Establish a work environment characterized by mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork, and a passion for winning
- Complete performance evaluations and career development plans
- Manage resources effectively to support customer delivery requirements
- Motivate and coach the team to operational success
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviors expected of them
- Communicate Fab status and strategy in a manner that each employee understands
- Manage all personnel matters following Company Policies. Administer employment policies and procedures to ensure a positive work environment
- Carry out incident, accident, and non-conformity investigations as needed
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education: BS degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering or science discipline
- Experience: 8-10 years of semiconductor industry / or related experience. Demonstrated ability to lead teams.
- Fluent in English Language - written & verbal
- Education: MS degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering or science discipline.
- Experience: 8 years of semiconductor industry / or related experience
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business need
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, energetic and self-starter
- Strong overall knowledge of semiconductor processes across product types (eg; Logic, DRAM, Discretes, etc.)
- Knowledge of semiconductor process development for Clean Tech
- Experience with advanced process control methodologies in semiconductor manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies
- Project management and people management experience is highly desired.
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal