|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Job ID: 398040
Idaho Materials & Construction, is a CRH Company. Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of various types of construction equipment including but not limited to Loaders, Back Hoes, Track Hoes, Haul Trucks, Water Trucks, Etc.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Responsible for safe slopes on excavations and proper barricading.
- Locate utilities and other buried lines prior to digging.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
- Keep time and material records.
- Knowledge of aggregate sizes and classifications.
- Knowledge of weight requirements of loads leaving the pit.
- Travel from interstate highway to rural dirt roads from various locations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Valid driver's license required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- GRIP - with at least 90 lbs. of force
- CLIMBING - in, around, and on equipment
- HEAVY LIFTING - of extremely awkward parts and equipment up to75 lbs. from floor to waist
- AWKWARD POSITIONS - getting to and from both sitting and kneeling on the ground
- FLEXIBILITY - awkward reaches
- BALANCE - including standing and walking on extremely slick and uneven surfaces while carrying.
- VISION - 20/40 corrected vision to see moving safety hazards, moving equipment, vehicles, and obstructions
- HEARING - corrected to hear verbal safety warnings and instructions from coworkers
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To perform the job successfully; an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- JS_8.2.3,JS_220.127.116.11,JS_18.104.22.168,JS_8.2.5,JS_22.214.171.124,JS_126.96.36.199,JS_8.5.10,JS_188.8.131.52,JS_184.108.40.206,JS_8.5.11,JS_220.127.116.11,JS_18.104.22.168,JS_22.214.171.124,JS_126.96.36.199,JS_8.5.12,JS_188.8.131.52,JS_184.108.40.206,JS_220.127.116.11,JS_8.5.2,JS_18.104.22.168,JS_22.214.171.124,JS_126.96.36.199,JS_8.5.3,JS_188.8.131.52,JS_184.108.40.206,JS_220.127.116.11Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Must be able to pass physical fitness and agility test.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Idaho Materials & Construction, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .