|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
The 'Apply with SEEK' option will be utilized for International applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please use the 'Apply' option.
IT Systems Engineering Specialist Sr-2
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets-their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To design and implement enterprise technology solutions for the organization. To maintain operations and build efficiencies in the technology of assigned spheres of influence. To research and resolve escalated issues from global IT colleagues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is on the telephony and call center technologies team. It requires knowledge of IP phone systems and call center technologies.
Basic IP Network troubleshooting.
Administering and troubleshooting Avaya Aura Telephony systems, Voice Mail systems and call center systems.
Providing end-user support on Avaya and other Telephony technologies.
Designs, implements and maintains systems lifecycle management, security, resiliency and performance of production and non-production environments with no management supervision.
- Initiates and drives lifecycle management and capacity planning for infrastructure across the entire organization.
- Provides 3rd tier on-site and/or remote technical support as necessary.
- Seeks out and remediates security vulnerabilities.
- Excellent Customer service and communication skills.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree in information management, computer science, or related technology field from an accredited college or university preferred. Related technical institute certification preferred.
Eight (8) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include four (4) years of experience supporting Avaya Aura telephony technologies.
Skills & Knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of Avaya Aura products including Call Manager, IX Messaging, Interaction Center.
- Knowledge of networking (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Working knowledge , including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to create and complete comprehensive, accurate and constructive written reports
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.