|Location||West Palm Beach|
|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
Job ID: 399039
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
This role is responsible for ensuring proper electrical functioning of plant equipment, tools, and machinery and to troubleshoot any electrical malfunctioning, and complete appropriate repairs and maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, adjust, and repair production equipment and special purpose machines as assigned
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, change parts, and complete tasks as assigned
- Weld and use cutting torch as required
- Perform general repairs to plant structures
- Test and troubleshoot malfunctioning machinery, determine repairs and discuss with head mechanic for approval and repair as needed
- Replace faulty parts, electrical wires, motors, controls, and circuit boards
- Install equipment and electrical components and test to ensure proper functioning
- Maintain and repair all existing electrical equipment in the production areas
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, process sheets, and assembly schematic drawings
- Calibrate and adjust all electrical/electronic equipment according to manufacturer's specifications
- Do minor programming and maintenance for programmable logic controller based equipment
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools
- Lubricate and clean parts and equipment to ensure proper operation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Associate's degree or completion of Technical School and Apprenticeship program or equivalent in training, experience, and education
- At least 5 years of industrial experience in electrical support and maintenance functions
- Must have been employed as an electrician or electrician apprentice within the past 18 months
- Must be knowledgeable of OSHA safety requirements, especially those related to electrical operations and components
- Knowledge of hydraulics, mechanics, electricity, carpentry, or related field preferred
- Able to read and understand electrical schematics and blueprints
- Working knowledge of three-phase motors, programmable controls, circuits, and National Electrical Code
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Requires often climbing, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, and twisting
- Able to use tools and equipment to repair and provide maintenance while standing, crouching, stretching, extending extremities and under extreme work environments
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .