|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That's why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees' futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us - find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG: .
If you have an electrical background, willing to learn, reliable and willing and able to work safe, we can train you for this position.
If you are interested in working with a great team, great pay, great benefits, pension, 401K investments and continuous advancement opportunities, USG is a great choice for you.
Offer sign on Incentive of $2,000 and 2 year retention incentive worth upwards of $10,000!
Description of Responsibilities
- Join a team environment supporting the reliable operation of a continuous paper manufacturing operation.
- Perform preventative maintenance ensuring the safe and efficient operation of all plant assets.
- Train for the care and reliability of specific paper manufacturing equipment.
- Positively interact with all plant departments and employees to prioritize resources and maximize plant efficiencies.
- Continuously train on safe work practices in a manufacturing environment
- Maintain and advance knowledge of technical best practices through specialized equipment and process training.
- Maintain a safe working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Total Average Annual Earnings $52,000 - $73, 000 including overtime plus Benefits, 401K and Pension. Starting rate of $24.50/ Hour or based on experience.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must be willing and able to work safely and efficiently.
- Must have regular and predictable attendance.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and written.
- Must maintain a personal set of general tools.
- Must be willing to be trained and progress towards additional responsibilities.
- Must be able to learn to read and interpret basic electrical drawings.
- Must be willing to work with hazardous energy sources.
- Must be able to be trained to use electrical testing devices.
EOE including disability/veteran