|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That's why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees' futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us - find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG: .
- Operate electrical test equipment including voltmeter, megger, and amprobe
- Install, perform preventive maintenance, and troubleshoot motor control and lighting systems using wiring schematics
- Perform preventive maintenance, troubleshoot, and repair motors
- Troubleshoot advanced control system and instrumentation equipment including PLC controls using wiring schematics
- Use infrared camera to perform preventive maintenance and troubleshoot
- Install and configure VFD power and control wire
- Size and wire transformers
- Install various electrical controls
- Interpret electrical schematics and symbols
- Know and understand NEC codes, become trained in NFPA-70E, and practice all other electrician duties in a manufacturing environment
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Must be capable of working in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all safety rules and practices
- Must have the desired technical skills to work as a maintenance mechanic or electrician
- Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area
- Follow instructions on printed work or customer orders to complete assigned tasks
- Basic computer skills preferred to complete safety training and review work-related email
- Ability to learn to operate required equipment, including mobile equipment (forklifts, etc.)
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them
- Good communication skills needed to work with coworkers and customers
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, and understands importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area.
EOE including disability/veteran