|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Full Job Description
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Check-in rental equipment upon return/termination of rental to ensure all equipment is returned in satisfactory condition.
• Perform preventative maintenance on rental equipment to include operations and appearance.
• Maintain cable inventory to include inspection of condition/repairs if needed and ensuring all cables are kept in a clean and orderly condition.
• Perform testing on rental equipment to ensure that the equipment is available and ready-to-rent at all times.
• Perform equipment installation at customer's sites. This will include but will not be limited to cable roll-out/roll-up services, equipment installation layout and technical assistance on rental gear.
• Enter all testing and rental information in company software system.
• Maintain shop and storage areas in a neat, clean and orderly condition.
• Deliver and pick-up equipment as needed.
• Assist customers as needed to ensure that rentals run as smooth as possible.
• Maintain all shop equipment in good, safe working order.
• Assist with shop projects which will include but are not limited to fabrication of new equipment and up grades to existing equipment.
• Load and unload rental equipment on company vehicles, customer vehicles and commercial carriers.
• Assist in design and fabricating but not limited to accessories, cable sets, enclosures and shipping cages.
• Assist in quality control and safety programs.
• Assist Shop Supervisor as requested.
• Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; participates in meetings; listens and gets clarification; writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; reads and interprets written information.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Page 1* of 3*
Industrial Electrical Technician
• Dependability - Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance. Consistently completes tasks, projects, and assignments on time, with or without direct supervision and under routine and varying circumstances.
• Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities and goals; exhibits openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; develops realistic action plans.
• Critical Thinking - Proactive anticipation of issues; develops solutions.
• Initiative/Motivation - A self-starter; needs little oversight or direction; takes action beyond what is expected to complete assignments; willing to take on new responsibilities without being asked.
• Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict and differences, rather than blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new approaches.
• Results - Focuses on completing essential tasks within an appropriate timeframe; is effective at setting priorities; demonstrates proficiency in both the quality and quantity of work; effectiveness of performance under pressure and/or opposition. Able to delegate responsibilities effectively
• Self- Development - Demonstrates an openness and attitude of learning and developing; is committed to improving themselves by seeking to utilize their strengths and work on weaknesses; strives for excellence; takes advantage of training opportunities.
• Be able to fill out logs/test sheets.
• Read/interpret electrical schematics & drawings.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and computers in general
• Proficient in electrical formulas required to determine load bank capacities, power distribution and cable ampacity.
• Proficient in interpreting data derived from testing in order to determine acceptable testing parameters for rental equipment.
• Proficient in using multi meters.
Page 2* of 3*
Industrial Electrical Technician
• High School Diploma
• Good driving record with the ability to drive a company truck with trailer
• Must be willing to have personal information sent to public and private organizations for security clearance and budgeting.
• Be willing to travel on occasion to job sites for set-up, operations and removal of equipment.
• Provide own hand tools
• Have or willing and able to obtain a passport
• Have or willing and able to obtain OSHA10 Cert.
• Have or willing to obtain First Aid/ AED/ CPR Cert.
Work Environment, Equipment, Physical Demands
This list represents the demands that the position requires. The list may not be all-inclusive.
• Must be able to lift 55 lbs
• Frequent bending, pushing, pulling
• Repetitive wrist, hand or finger movement (to operate tools)
• Physical coordination (sequential or simultaneous use of hands, arms, feet, and legs)
• Close vision (clear vision at 20" or less)
• Extended periods of reading fine print
• Frequent sitting for long periods
• Requires occasional regional driving and national and international overnight travel
• Occasional weekend work as needed
• Occasional on-call work
• Temperature variations in shop and client environment
• Noise variations in shop environment
• Occasional outdoor work
• Frequent use of hand tools
• Frequent use of forklifts
• Frequent use of handtrucks
Page 3* of 3*
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Electrical experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Drivers Licence (Preferred)
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.