|Date Posted||August 5, 2022|
Trades & Services
The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Who is the ideal Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
Additional success profiles:
Detail oriented, Flexible, Helpful, Patient, Responsible, Sincere, Understanding
Retirement & Savings Plan
Innovative Training Programs
Tuition AssistanceCareer Stability
Comprehensive Health Coverage
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have the area s largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
As a Toledo Hospital Environmental Services Technician, you will play an essential role in providing a clean and safe facility for meeting the medical needs of our community. You will actively participate in serving your friends, relatives and neighbors as they receive exceptional care at the region s premier medical facility. You can take pride in knowing you have made a positive impact on someone s treatment and recovery each workday.
As a ProMedica Toledo Hospital employee you will be eligible for exciting developmental and advancement opportunities. We strive to promote within our own ranks and are always searching for the next great employee to invest in. Those looking to advance their careers will have access to department certifications, professional development training and potential promotion to our leadership team. College scholarships and tuition reimbursement are also available to our employees looking to further their education.
Our Environmental Services Technicians are responsible for executing the daily duties required to establish and maintain a safe, hygienic, and aesthetically pleasing care environment. While executing the assigned tasks, the EVS Tech will have contact with patients, visitors, and clinical and non-clinical staff. Great customer service and a friendly can-do attitude will ensure your success. Our techs are responsible for ensuring the cleanliness and safety of patient rooms and common areas throughout the Toledo Hospital campus within the basic principles of environmental hygiene and infection prevention. The environmental services technician, in accordance with organizational standards of quality, is an essential contributor to cleaning, disinfection, infection prevention and a positive patient experience.
- Responsible for daily occupied and discharge/transfer cleaning and disinfection of patient rooms, as well as other common areas of their job assignment such as rest rooms, nurses stations, corridors, conference rooms, utility rooms, treatment areas, kitchens, offices, lobbies, lounges, stairwells and waiting rooms. Other assigned areas may include surgery OR s, labor and delivery, emergency department and other procedural areas.
- Performs duties while demonstrating working knowledge of the health care cleaning and disinfecting principles and requirements as well as proper and safe chemical use.
- Adheres to all organization safety, risk management and infection control guidelines and standards while promoting a culture of safety.
- Actively participates in departmental performance improvement initiatives, including but not limited to initiatives to improve patient experience and cleanliness metrics.
- Maintains cleaning cart(s), supplies and equipment evidence by properly stocking and restocking environmental services cart in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Removes trash and other waste and transports to the appropriate disposal area while identifying proper waste streams handling.
- Follows all infection prevention practices (i.e. proper cleaning and disinfection protocols and process, hand hygiene, standard & isolation precautions, as well as proper donning and doffing of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Recognizes and adheres to patient privacy requirements (HIPAA).
- Practices critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates personal accountability and shows appropriate respect to co-workers, patients and visitors.
- Identifies and utilizes appropriate resources to ensure problems or concerns are followed through and resolved.
- Demonstrates knowledge of facility safety requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate and properly maintain all EVS tools and equipment needed to clean and disinfect the environment.
- Demonstrates flexibility with regards to daily work assignment and assigned tasks.
- May be asked to assist with on-boarding and peer-training of new Environmental Technicians.
- Requires attention to detail, ability to follow written and verbal directions and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to move about the hospital and between workstations.
- Provide excellent customer service and respond to inquiries.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate and utilize pagers, vacuums, putty knives, carts and trash mobiles.
- Ability to tolerate unpleasant odors and possible exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids; must be able to tolerate exposure to dust and chemicals.
- Ability to constantly move, lift or carry light to medium weight equipment furniture, etc. and occasionally move or lift heavy equipment or furniture.
- Must be able to wear N95 or PAPR hood.
- Stoop bend, reach, stretch, push and pull. Must be able to move and/or lift material and damp mops or towels weighing up to 10 lbs., 70% of the time; move carts weighing up to 40 lbs., 10% of the time; and move carts weighing up to 50 lbs., 20% of the time.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- High School Diploma desired/preferred.
- Certified Health Care Environmental Services Technician (CHEST) and/or Certified Surgical Cleaning Technician (CSCT) desired/preferred.
Special Skills/ Equipment:
- Can demonstrate effective use of computers and/or mobile devices for daily job performance activities.
- Ability to read/write English at 6th-9th grade level preferred.
- Respectfully listens to viewpoints and ideas of others.
- Ability to communicate orally or in writing openly and candidly, creates an environment where co-workers and team members reciprocate in kind.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category . In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace