|Date Posted||August 5, 2022|
Trades & Services
The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Who is the ideal Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
Additional success profiles:
Detail oriented, Flexible, Helpful, Patient, Responsible, Sincere, Understanding
Retirement & Savings Plan
Innovative Training Programs
Tuition AssistanceCareer Stability
Comprehensive Health Coverage
$500 SIGN ON BONUS
ProMedica Bay Park Hospital caters to communities east of the Maumee River. Our campus includes a state-of-the-art community hospital with 91 private beds and a professional office building dedicated to doctors' offices and outpatient rehabilitation, as well as a treatment and diagnostic center. The hospital itself was designed with patient comfort and healing in mind, with wider hallways, single-patient rooms and an abundance of natural light.
Our Environmental Services Technicians are responsible for executing the daily duties required to establish and maintain a safe, hygienic, and aesthetically pleasing care environment. While executing the assigned tasks, the EVS Tech will have contact with patients, visitors, and clinical and non-clinical staff. Great customer service and a friendly can-do attitude will ensure your success. Our techs are responsible for ensuring the cleanliness and safety of patient rooms and common areas throughout the Toledo Hospital campus within the basic principles of environmental hygiene and infection prevention. The environmental services technician, in accordance with organizational standards of quality, is an essential contributor to cleaning, disinfection, infection prevention and a positive patient experience.
- Practices critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates personal accountability and shows appropriate respect to co-workers, patients and visitors.
- Identifies and utilizes appropriate resources to ensure problems or concerns are followed through and resolved.
- Demonstrates knowledge of facility safety requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate and properly maintain all EVS tools and equipment needed to clean and disinfect the environment.
- Demonstrates flexibility with regards to daily work assignment and assigned tasks.
- May be asked to assist with on-boarding and peer-training of new Environmental Technicians.
- Requires attention to detail, ability to follow written and verbal directions and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to move about the hospital and between workstations.
- Provide excellent customer service and respond to inquiries.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate and utilize pagers, vacuums, putty knives, carts and trash mobiles.
- Ability to tolerate unpleasant odors and possible exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids; must be able to tolerate exposure to dust and chemicals.
- Ability to constantly move, lift or carry light to medium weight equipment furniture, etc. and occasionally move or lift heavy equipment or furniture.
- Must be able to wear N95 or PAPR hood.
- Stoop bend, reach, stretch, push and pull. Must be able to move and/or lift material and damp mops or towels weighing up to 10 lbs., 70% of the time; move carts weighing up to 40 lbs., 10% of the time; and move carts weighing up to 50 lbs., 20% of the time.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- High School Diploma desired/preferred.
- Certified Health Care Environmental Services Technician (CHEST) and/or Certified Surgical Cleaning Technician (CSCT) desired/preferred.
Special Skills/ Equipment:
- Can demonstrate effective use of computers and/or mobile devices for daily job performance activities.
- Ability to read/write English at 6th-9th grade level preferred.
- Respectfully listens to viewpoints and ideas of others.
- Ability to communicate orally or in writing openly and candidly, creates an environment where co-workers and team members reciprocate in kind.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category . In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace