|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Job ID: 394939
Staker Parson Companies, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be the preferred source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of various types of construction equipment including but not limited to Loaders, Back Hoes, Track Hoes, Haul Trucks, Water Trucks, Etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Responsible for safe slopes on excavations and proper barricading.
- Locate utilities and other buried lines prior to digging.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
- Keep time and material records.
- Knowledge of aggregate sizes and classifications.
- Knowledge of weight requirements of loads leaving the pit.
- Travel from interstate highway to rural dirt roads from various locations.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver's license required.
- Commercial Driver's License not required, but a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- MSHA Training
- Familiar with GPS
To perform the job successfully; an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Be able to operate Paddle Wheel Scraper, Wheel Dozer, Excavator and Blade
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move any where up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Staker Parson Companies, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .