|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit new subcontractors in all regions of the country to ensure adequate coverage for greenhouse installation.
- Collaborate with subcontractors on continuous improvement and provide feedback to project management, design, and engineering.
- Quote and coordinate install with subcontractors and project management for each greenhouse project.
- Provide onsite technical support for customers when they request a site supervisor or to troubleshoot issues.
- Manage the activities of subcontractors to ensure new construction, repair and building maintenance activities are completed in accordance with established standards.
- Train subcontractors on established standards.
- Provide value added input on constructability of projects during bid stage.
- Be the key point of contact for subcontractors in all areas.
- Review, resolve and follow up on customer requests and complaints supporting the customer service department.
- Monitor performance of subcontractors to established goals and objectives.
- Abide by all OSHA and safety regulations and ensure subcontractors are performing work safely.
- Abide by all company rules, policies, and regulations. Point out to management any violations.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, as necessary. The schedule will vary, and overtime is necessary.
- Travel will be required about 50% of the time visiting multiple sites across the United States.
- All other responsibilities as given by the Senior Greenhouse Project Manager or General Manager.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Building or Construction Management or related field preferred; or a combination of education, training, and experience. At least 5 years of experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with construction documents, scope of work, change orders, exceptions, site procedures and policies and working with multiple trades.
- Strong math skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Knowledge of construction and building codes
- Knowledge of greenhouse structures preferred
- Knowledge of construction practices and safety/OSHA procedures
- OSHA 10 or 30 certification a plus
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Must be able to travel frequently and hold a valid driver's license
- Must be at least 21 years of age for DOT regulations and traveling across state lines
- Strong MS Office skills
- Ability to read blueprints and design drawings
- Experience or certification in operating auxiliary equipment (forklifts, boom lifts, scissor lifts, man lifts etc.)
- Must be able to operate a wide variety of power and hand tools
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, requires various continuous standing, sitting, walking, light lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling, climbing, and squatting. Lifting up to 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work can be done from an office environment or outside of the office on a construction site. Frequent travel is required - 50%. Will be exposed to the elements of all types of weather and inclement weather.