|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Trades & Services
Job ID: 402700
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
The Shelly Company is looking to fill multiple positions with candidates that have skills or experience with grade checking, surveying, 3D modeling, or GPS grading within the heavy highway construction industry. Must be willing to join a Union (Operators or Laborers) immediately.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform construction staking and layout for roadways and other features, as necessary.
- Set up, adjust, and operate conventional equipment, as well as total station, data collector, and GPS equipment, in order to measure distances, elevations, areas and angles.
- Locating and/or establishing vertical and horizontal survey control for projects or properties.
- Ability to calculate and adapt layout to best fit operation needs.
- Utilize computer with survey software to create and transfer survey files and reports.
- Work with different departments to meet property survey, quarry layout, or other needs.
- Accurately and promptly record and deliver survey files and information to pertinent parties.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the public.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work flexible and varied hours including weekends when necessary.
- Must be willing to join the laborers union immediately.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Complete all company required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
Performance of this position require a mixture of knowledge, skill, experience, and training. Not all listed are required, but different combinations of the following will enable best placement.
Education and Experiences
- 2 Years Field Experience - Heavy Highway with grade and survey responsibilities.
- Basic computer skills
- High School Diploma or GED (Preferred)
- Experience and familiarity reviewing and interpreting project plans/blueprints to determine proper information. (Preferred)
- Pursuit or award of Civil Engineering, Surveying, Construction Management or related field (Preferred)
- Training & Experience Using Topcon Magnet/Pocket 3D (Preferred)
- Experience operating equipment with GPS grade control (Preferred)
- Class A or B CDL (Preferred)
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands depicted here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While executing the duties of this job, the employee regularly needs to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Walking could be continuous task. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The candidate will occasionally climb, sit, use fine motor skills, and use repetitive motion. Candidates also must be able to bend, kneel, push, pull, squat, walk, stand, reach and drive various vehicles and equipment. Specific vision abilities including distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception are also required, with or without corrective lenses.
This position requires an employee to lift up to 25lbs. The candidate must be able and willing to work with others to move equipment. This position may also occasionally require an employee to lift up to 100lbs with assistance from another employee or the use of a machine.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly work near moving mechanical parts. They will also work outside in various weather conditions and be regularly exposed to wet, humid conditions, airborne particles, extreme heat or cold, and excessive noise exposure. The noise level in the work environment is sometimes very loud and may require protective equipment. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
What CRH Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
The Shelly Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .