|Date Posted||December 15, 2022|
All candidates are expected to include a copy of their resume with the application
Assists the FMO Zone Manager in directing car inspection and repair in accordance with Company and industry standards within an FMO district. Directs MRT and Ramp Supervisors throughout a designated zone. Implements key actions of Company Safety Plan and monitors safety performance of operations through periodic audits. Ensures safe, efficient, and productive operations in accordance with Company goals. Ensures conformance to Company policies and procedures. Serves as local liaison to host railroads, AAR, and FRA.
Manages multiple supervisors and Terminal Managers at single site. Balances the demands of TTX's customers, with the safety, financial and operational goals established by Field Maintenance Operations Senior Management. Directs multiple supervisors and all aspects of the terminal operation. May require an associate's degree in area of specialty and 5-7 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the terminal concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a head of unit/department.
• Associate's degree (A.A.) desirable and three to five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Complete understanding of railroad operations and maintenance practices
• Strong knowledge of AAR and FRA rules and regulations for railcar repairs
• Experience with the inspection and repair of railcars
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions that involve all levels of FMO organization
• Complete understanding of the key financial of operational metrics that create a robust and safe operation.
• Ability to analyze key metrics, to determine areas of improvement
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from FMO Management, FMO Supervision, and Railroad Management
• Working knowledge in Microsoft Suite of Products including Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Working knowledge in UBS, SAP, Shop Car Tracking, Railinc, and SharePoint
• Prior experience of 5S and Lean Operating principles a plus
• Able to travel up to 75%, such travel may be intermittent days or infrequently in periods of up to one to two weeks
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
(The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
General office environment with moderate noise level; required to travel. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit (remain stationary within work area) and use hands to finger, handle, feel and reach. The employee is occasionally required to move about (stand, walk). The employee must occasionally lift and/or transport up to 10 pounds. Correctable vision required for close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception vision capabilities, and ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.