|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
We empower the best people to help sustain our world. 100% employee-owned. Independence guaranteed.
The Atmospheric Corrosion Survey Technician places a high priority on safety and quality while driving, parking and inspecting gas meters. The Technician inspects gas meters and associated piping for proper coating and evidence of corrosion. Tasks may also include actions to slow the corrosion process such as cleaning, removal of surface rust and corrosion, and recoating with paint.
Gas meter inspection is performed by walking from site to site. This role requires a high level of physical activity and working in a wide variety of weather conditions. Bending, stooping, crouching and lifting are required when performing this role.
The Atmospheric Corrosion Survey Technician role includes overtime when required.
• Driving experience in Orlando, FL required
• Demonstrated length of service with prior employer (1+ year of service with prior employer preferred)
• Experience working outdoors preferred
Responsibilities and Tasks Performed
- Inspects gas meters and associated piping for proper coatings and evidence of atmospheric corrosion
- Follows strict Utility, State and Federal guidelines for inspection and reporting of corrosion, gas leaks and other unsafe conditions
- Cleans gas meters and piping (Project dependent)
- Recoats meters and piping with paint (Project dependent)
- Collects data using handheld computer or other collection device
- Wears assigned personal protective equipment (PPE) and company uniform
- Follows safety, quality and operational procedures
- Completes assigned routes and work orders on the assigned date
- Participates in safety meetings
- Provides timely reports and documentation to management per procedures
- Escalates issues and questions to Supervisor per procedures
- Shows courtesy and professionalism when dealing with customers and other employees
- Maintains a satisfactory attendance record
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Keeps assigned vehicle clean
- Reports customer, equipment and vehicle issues immediately
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)